spirtual relaxation

mc2246

spirtual relaxation

Post by mc2246 »

My tai chi Master continuously tells me that I need to relax spirtually. It is difficult for me to comprehend what he actually means. He explains that I am at a level that most students reach, i.e., their external is good, but mechanical. That I now need to learn how to relax my spiritual mind. Any suggestions on how to accomplish this? I sincerely want to understand, but agree with him that so far all I am doing is copying what I was taught regarding movements.
Yang Jun

Post by Yang Jun »

Hello,

Your question is hard give short answer and my English is not good enough for write. But I try my best. Relax in Chinese is Song (1). Song has two part of meaning, one is body relax, one is your mind relax. First step is practice bodies relax; we also can say movement relaxes. And relax very easy miss understanding, we say relax is not limp, not hard. Relax is make you ligament, joint, bones connect together, inside feel extend, but not go to tight. We use relax help make your whole body unit together. That’s why we say “Tai Chi Chuan is whole body movement”. After your movement can relax than you can concentrate mind relax. It’s like your leaning driving car, when begin leaning driving your movement can relax your mind also can’t relax. After you drive by sometime your movement is relax and you mind also not busy think many things. So practice Tai Chi Chuan is same, you need have enough basic than can make you mind relax. That’s why we say “Seek quiescence within movement”. About “song” in Association Journal has article, wrote by Dave Barrett. If you can find out that may also help you understand.

Yang Jun

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mc2246:
My tai chi Master continuously tells me that I need to relax spirtually. It is difficult for me to comprehend what he actually means. He explains that I am at a level that most students reach, i.e., their external is good, but mechanical. That I now need to learn how to relax my spiritual mind. Any suggestions on how to accomplish this? I sincerely want to understand, but agree with him that so far all I am doing is copying what I was taught regarding movements. </font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by Yang Jun (edited 02-27-2004).]