An Interview from the Past

TaiChi_Student

An Interview from the Past

Post by TaiChi_Student »

I do not know if this has been discussed before, but someone on a mailing list had given the link to this interview with Chang Yiu-Chun who said he trained with the Yangs. He says that the style that Yang Cheng Fu taught (85 Form) was not good for self-defense and was better for health. I was just wondering how valid this guys statements are?

Joe

http://www.art-of-energetics.com/frameset.htm
cheefatt taichi

Post by cheefatt taichi »

Hi all,

Observing the claims on Yang small frame, fast or secret forms has been very interesting. Interesting in the sense that most of the claimers are often not from the direct lineage family tree. And most of the time I never failed to smell the favor of sales gimmick in these kind of statements, however, I may be wrong...I just don't know.

It would be very enlightening and helpful if some of you who can access to sifu Yang Jun or any Yang family members to share it from the horse mouth. True or false doesn't matter much to me because I am experiencing the direct result from the long & big frame passed down from Yang Cheng Fu. It will be educative though.

Thanks and best regards.
Thong

Post by Thong »

FICTION - as there are too many discrepancies to be true ! It's quite a humorous and funny story, so should award the author with a master degree (MBA).
On a seriou note, it can be pretty offensive and insulting to the Yang family memebers. I suspect the person who wrote it must be suffering from some sort of emotional problems - the side effects of what we Chinese call " Depart Fire, Enter Demon " through not training under the guidance of a proper teacher for certain "nei gong" (chi kung) exercises in the martial side of tai chi.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TaiChi_Student:
<B>I do not know if this has been discussed before, but someone on a mailing list had given the link to this interview with Chang Yiu-Chun who said he trained with the Yangs. He says that the style that Yang Cheng Fu taught (85 Form) was not good for self-defense and was better for health. I was just wondering how valid this guys statements are?

Joe

http://www.art-of-energetics.com/frameset.htm</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by Thong (edited 07-06-2005).]
rakyat

Post by rakyat »

Hi,
If memory serves, Erle Montaigue was a student of his so what Chang taught is still available if you want to test it for effectiveness.
Thong

Post by Thong »

No need to... know many who are much more effective...Chang's probably fairytale....any true students from YSH's lineage will have much better skill....NO BS....

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rakyat:
<B>Hi,
If memory serves, Erle Montaigue was a student of his so what Chang taught is still available if you want to test it for effectiveness. </B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Richard Dunn

Post by Richard Dunn »

There are articles interviews and history of Yang Jian Hou's legacy.

Richard

[This message has been edited by Richard Dunn (edited 08-07-2005).]
Thong

Post by Thong »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Richard Dunn:
<B>There are clips of Tian Ying Jia doing 1st and 2nd generation small frame and Yao Guo Qing doing 2nd generation middle frame on the site. Also articles interviews and history of Yang Jian Hou's legacy and how the change came about to 3rd generation large frame.

The information comes from the closest person now alive to that line. Tian Ying Jian is son of Tian Zhao lin who was adopted son of Yang Jian Hou and therefore brother to Yang Cheng Fu.

Richard</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Richard

Very interesting site and enjoy the sample video clips and interviews...however the "Chang" interview still sounds very fictional and if you want to know why....I tell you privately .......

Happy training..
Richard Dunn

Post by Richard Dunn »

Hi Thong

You don't have to tell me, I have heard it before. It seems to be all about the controversy that follows Erle around. I used the article as it verified everything I have been told by Tian about second generation training and the personality of Shao Hou.

Richard

Richard Dunn

Post by Richard Dunn »

[This message has been edited by Richard Dunn (edited 07-22-2005).]