37 form taijiquan

mls_72

37 form taijiquan

Post by mls_72 »

From the other discussion-

"Yes, very interesting article. According to the author (Mr. Pang) some various forms/sets of Yang style (such as kuai jia - fast form, xiao jia - small form, etc.) were "designed" during its history to suit different needs and abilities of various classes of people/students. And particularly so-called Five Old 'practise ways' (lao wu lu) ¨C two kinds (two ways of practise) of 85 form (one with weighted turns, other with empty turns), 37 form taiji quan, taiji changquan, sanshou relate to what Yang Chenfu taught. Did I understand correct?"

>>>>>Is this 37 forms that same form that Cheng Man ching (CMC) taught? I thought claims was taught to him from Yang chen Fu (YCF)? I have heard of other practioners in the mainland practicing a 37 yang form as well, while CMC is very popular in Taiwan and United Stated. In the books by Wolfe Lowenthal "There are no Secrets" or "Gateway to the Miraclous" that YCF taught this to CMC.

I always thought 37 form was composed by CMC in Taiwan. Can someone clarify?
shugdenla

Post by shugdenla »

mls_72,

There are many variation of a 37 form taijiquan. Sometimes the founder's name is added to distinguish which form.

Right now, the only 37 form taijquan is associated with Zheng Manqing (Chen Man ching)!