snake creeps down-- help, my knee hurts

roh mih

Post by roh mih »

Thanks to you all for your very helpful reply. I was out for a while and it's only now that I had time to visit this forum. I enjoyed the links as well.
Bone

Post by Bone »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by roh mih:
For weeks, or about a month now, I've been feeling a little pain in my left knee whenever I do Snake Creeps Down to the right. The result is that I can't bend down my left knee low enough as I want to. Can someone tell me why this happened? What did I do wrong? Or maybe, it's just that I have reached the maximum level such that I can't bend my knee any lower. Is my case serious? How can I get rid of the pain? </font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hip joint flexibility. you will not be able to move down without it and will then place the pressure on other parts of the body. Your left knee will be specifically affected because if the hip joint is not flexible enough, the force will fall on the inside of the knee joint.

I would work on stretching the groin and hip muscles slowly and easily until you can achieve the full range of motion with the move. I would also be very aware of "pulling" the left knee inward, and stressing the medial collateral ligamenture. Keep energy in that knee and keep it in alignment.
roh mih

Post by roh mih »

Thanks for this additional advice, Bone. My problem is solved now. I don't feel any pain anymore. It's back to normal. Thanks to all of you!