Hidden in plain sight

Bob Ashmore

Post by Bob Ashmore »

Audi,
I thought I had found it, but it's good to know that I found it in the right spot. ;-)
I have been very busy. Some of that busy has been working for the Tai Chi Symposium in Nashville in July.
I hope to see everyone there!

Bob
taiji-jim

Post by taiji-jim »

I'd also suggest both Ward Offs for the same reason and in the same places (where the arms cross)Audie gave for Wild Horse Parting the Mane. Bob, you're trying to make my brain hurt. Now you're going to have me thinking of what other positions/energies I can transition into in the middle of every posture. I'll end up doing 583 postures instead of 103 - while reading poetry from Ginsberg and Collins. Hopefully not in the middle of class; but I promise nothing.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bob Ashmore:
<B>Audi,
I thought I had found it, but it's good to know that I found it in the right spot. ;-)
I have been very busy. Some of that busy has been working for the Tai Chi Symposium in Nashville in July.
I hope to see everyone there!

Bob</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Bob Ashmore

Post by Bob Ashmore »

Jim,
One does ones best!
And if you start reciting poetry during class you'll be the one who has to deal with all the gushing of Ms. Foo.

Bob

[This message has been edited by Bob Ashmore (edited June 01, 2009).]
taiji-jim

Post by taiji-jim »

We certainly wouldn't want THAT to happen! Oh, well. I still plan to look up Mr. Collins on my next trip to the bookstore.

I was surprised that you were surprised by the "bump" in Snake Creeps Down. i've been trying to think of some other little "hidden" moves but am not having much luck right now; but as Audi pointed out, and we've discussed before with our "younger" Taiji brothers and sisters, if one were ever to have to use the art in a defense situation the moves lose importance/precedence to the principles. Depending on what an attacker does and how they react to your defense the middle of White Crane Displays its Wings might transition into Push or something you'd never consider being in that particular place. I have to return to becoming comfortable with the energies and their various expressions and transformations - which is going to be a looooong journey. Image)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bob Ashmore:
<B>Jim,
One does ones best!
And if you start reciting poetry during class you'll be the one who has to deal with all the gushing of Ms. Foo.

Bob

[This message has been edited by Bob Ashmore (edited June 01, 2009).]</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>