Tai Chi and Gastric Bypass

foxgrin

Tai Chi and Gastric Bypass

Post by foxgrin »

My brother-in-law tells me that because my digestive system has be drastically altered I have a blockage in my chi flow. He believes this change will keep chi from flowing through my body as it should and cannot be changed using tai chi. Is this true?
Isaac888

Re: Tai Chi and Gastric Bypass

Post by Isaac888 »

How did u alter your digestive system? Seek the advice of a doctor immediately . Time is of the essence. Do not waste time on alternative medicine and / or complementary medicine as yet.
When all else fail.. . The seek for complimentary medicine,

Nothingnto do with tai chi.

Cheers

Isaac
foxgrin

Re: Tai Chi and Gastric Bypass

Post by foxgrin »

:) My health is fine. I had Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery performed by a medical doctor in January 2009 to help me lose a large amount of weight (160 lbs.) Here is a link from Saint John's Hospital of an image showing how my digestive system was altered during gastric bypass surgery: http://www.st-johns.mobi/stjohns/roux-e ... ypass.aspx

What I want to know is if the change to my internal digestive system will effect the flow of chi through my body. I've been told that chi is a natural energy that runs through our bodies in a certain manner. Does chi flow through our digestive system and will the way our intestines connect to our stomachs effect that flow? I recently purchased "Yang Tai Chi For Beginners" with step by step instructions from Dr Yang, Jwing-Ming. He teaches that chi is directed from our body's center which appears to be near the abdomen. Will the changes from my gastric bypass surgery hurt this flow? Can Tai Chi help to improve the flow of chi through my body despite these changes?