WEAPONS

sabre, sword, spear, etc
JOSEPH CALKINS

WEAPONS

Post by JOSEPH CALKINS »

IS THERE ANYONE THAT HAS A FORM FOR PEOPLE THAT ARE NOT CAPABLE OF DOING THE NORMAL FORM I AM PARKINSON'S A PATIENT OF 14 YEARS

I LVE IN NORTH EAST NEW JERSEY
tai1chi

Post by tai1chi »

Hi Joseph,

have you done a search on the web for tcc practitioners or Chinese medical doctors who have treated someone with Parkinson's?

Can you stand for any period of time? Can you walk stably? If you can, you might just want to try a normal tcc class.

I don't know that much about Qigong, but some of those exercises might be helpful.

I think one thing that's very important is for you to keep a positive attitude. I'm not a doctor, but as a tcc practitioner, I will say that mental attitude, calmness and relaxation are critical to the art. And, I suppose that some people say that they are conducive to health.

I really don't have any answers for you. But I sincerely wish you the best of luck.

regards,
Steve James
JerryKarin

Post by JerryKarin »

Try Andy Lee:

East Brunswick
Center Director: Andy Lee
P.O. Box 232
East Brunswick, New Jersey 08816
(732) 238-1414

Fax: (732) 238-7322

leeandy@yangfamilytaichi.com
http://www.taichiusa.com
JOSEPH CALKINS

Post by JOSEPH CALKINS »

Jerry Karin

I WOULD LOVE TO GO TO ANDY BUT I AM ABOUT 2 HOURS AWAY. I AM ABOUT 1 1/2 MILES SOUTH OF THE NY STATE LINE. THANJS FOR THE TRY.
JerryKarin

Post by JerryKarin »

You might try corresponding with her by email. Andy has put a lot of time and effort into just the sort of thing you are talking about. I have seen some students of hers who started out with serious challenges progressing from stiff and basically unable physically to do perform taiji movements and becoming quite flexible and able to perform all the moves. Possibly she could make some suggestions. I don't know if she has actually made adaptations of the weapons forms but knowing her she probably has.

[This message has been edited by JerryKarin (edited 08-31-2005).]
JOSEPH CALKINS

Post by JOSEPH CALKINS »

JERRYKARIN

I MUST HAVE MISS LED YOU SOME WHERE IN ONE OF MY NOTES. I HAVE BEEN IN TAI CHI FOR 32 YRS. NOW I NEED A TEACHER BECAUSE I HAVE HAD PARKINSON'S GOING ON 13 YEARS NOW I NEEED A TEACHER that is able to adapt on the spot but yet keep the posrures. I am very sorry for miss leading you. I keep forgetting that it is not visable to all that know me. Andy and I have been good friends for more then 5 yrs.

I WAS TESTING THE WATER TO SEE IF ANY ONE KNEW OF ANY BODY CLOSER.

THANKS AGAIN AND I AM SORRY,

JOE
JerryKarin

Post by JerryKarin »

No problem and good luck.