Names of the Saber form

sabre, sword, spear, etc
sifuknud

Names of the Saber form

Post by sifuknud »

Hi There!

I know there has been an old post about the names of the saber form, where my name has been mentioned. I have just seen it now, and feel that I have to send a reply.

I'm Knud who has invented the names for the Tung Family's saber forms.

In mypoint of view, they MUST have been accepted by Master Kai Ying Tung since they are posted on his site: http://www.tungkaiying.com/forms_knife1.shtml

Many years ago I gave Master Kai Ying Tung the names, and he was very pleased.

You can find more information on my site: www.knudtaichi.dk
T

Post by T »

Did you train with Tung Kai Ying as well?
sifuknud

Post by sifuknud »

I don't know what you mean by training with him, I attended his classes in Denmark and Sweden for many years, and began teaching on his request.
I also published the only Magazine on Tai Chi in Denmark with a fellow student. This Magazine stopped being printed in 1999 and became an Internet Magazine instead : www.taichinyt.dk
This Magazine Master Tung was very pleased with.
I also wrote the only book ever published in Danish on the Tung Tai Chi, with Master Tung's approval.
I do not participate in his classes any more, but never the less I deeply respect him and his roots.
T

Post by T »

Just asking if he was your sifu that is all, and I assume from your response the answer is yes.

I am of a similar lineage but my sifu was a student of Tung Kai Ying's grandfather. He knew Tung Kai Ying's father and he does know Tung Kai Ying but has not seen him in years.

Just asking that is all no offense meant.

[This message has been edited by T (edited 08-14-2008).]
sifuknud

Post by sifuknud »

Non taken
John Shaw

Re: Names of the Saber form

Post by John Shaw »

Hi every one, I am a new user and I am not familiar with the process. Also my first language is french so be tolerent with my english. Thanks. I have one question. I am praticing the saber form and start to look at the chineese name of the posture. In the video of the yang family , during the 6 th movement Yang Jun is calling the name yu ve , chuan suo, ba fan chi and after he is saying something like " triden, tuantien, quaden , quato, tuz " could someone could tell me what the right spelling of these words and their meanings. Thanks for helping me in my understanding .