Audios- calling out form names

mls_72

Audios- calling out form names

Post by mls_72 »

My friend makes nice CD's on Taoist meditation , qigong and now calling out Yang forms in english and chinese:

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/yinongchong10? ... e%20CDBaby
UniTaichi

Re: Audios- calling out form names

Post by UniTaichi »

Ward-off right
Roll back
Squeeze :?: hmm. :)

Cheers,
UniTaichi
DPasek

Post by DPasek »

I actually prefer ‘squeeze’ for ji rather than ‘press’, although that could also work depending on ones understanding of the energy and how an individual or school tradition talks about it.
mls_72

Post by mls_72 »

I like the translation of "squeeze" as well. In Yang zhen Dou's DVD from China, they use "squeeze" and "press" for Ji and An. when they are doing the audibles while Yang Jun performs. I've heard it both ways so it does not really matter to me. What matters is actually knowing how to use all the "Grasp bird tail" postures.
mls_72

Post by mls_72 »

So I bought a copy and practiced with them. A few things.

On the positive you hear nice relaxing music, get the names in both english and chinese.

1. the long form has: repulse monkey, wave hands, part horse mane 5x not 3x.
2. Straight sword was kinda slow to how I was taught. So I was done well before it was near the end. have to wait for next move.
3. Saber- was same as sword, had to pause and wait for next move to be called breaking flow.
4. spear- not sure what version of spear they do. i was able to follow somewhat with some experience with Taiji spear from a teacher from Yongnian association and also 16 Taiji spear designed by Wushu association.
5. 37 short form- did not purchase.