Wang Zong Yue's Tai Chi THeory

feng

Wang Zong Yue's Tai Chi THeory

Post by feng »

王宗岳《太极拳论》解(转)

"原文:太极者,无极而生,阴阳之母也。动之则分,静之则合。无过不及,随曲就伸。人刚我柔谓之“走”,我顺人背谓之“粘”。动急则急应,动缓则缓随。虽变化万端,而理应一贯。由着熟而渐悟懂劲,由懂劲而阶级神明。然非用力日久,不能豁然贯通焉!虚领顶劲,气沉丹田。不偏不倚,忽隐忽现。左重则左虚,右重则右杳。仰之则弥高,俯之则弥深。进之则愈长,退之则愈促。一羽不能加,蝇虫不能落。人不知我,我独知人,英雄所向无敌,盖皆由此而及也。"
Translaion:
Tai Chi is come from Wuji, Wuji is the original source of Yin and Yang, during Tai Chi movements,the yin and yang active each other,and turnning exchanging each other,become stronger and weaker each other,they are keeping the moving balance condition,so the movements is not too much yang ,or less yang,the Tai Chi movements should follow the rule of yin and yang's power changing,if the opponnet use strong power attack me,I can not use same strong power to against him,but thould use flexible soft power to follow his power and lead his attackto a empty condition to resolve the attack,this called "let go";I follow the opponnet's attack direction attack direction sticky on the opponnet'body,tilt the attack power go lost direction, this called "sticky", fast attack movement,I should use fast way to face it,slow attack movement, I should use slow wayto follow it,the fighting condition term even is changing at very short seconds,the movements will changing lots of differents ways, but the fighing theory of them are the same one without changing. the power's rules hiding inside the postures,only pracitce each postures,gradually understand its power way,and based on this level with advance higher condtrol the power to a high level,if you can not practice hard to a expert level,you will not undrestand this theory.
During TaiChi movements,the neck muscle thould relax,upright head, relax abdomen,Qi sink to lower Dantian,during TAiChi movements,the body's gravity center should be steady,keep in balance condition. clear in mind the condition of exchanging movements of body gravity center with fast and secret moves, if the opponent attack my left side, i will empty my left side body gravity center and move to body right side, if the opponnet attack my right side, i will empty my right sidy body gravity center move to body left sidy,if the opponent attack my hight part,I will lift body gravity center to higher location, if the oppponent attack my lower part,I wil lower my body gravity center,hence,don't give any good condition or chance for opponent to attack me,during attack,should keep a chain of movements,not give the opponet any rest chance,if defense,should not delay the fighting time,more fast more good, should not give the opponent a chain of attack movements,about the attack degree,will based on the condition,even can not add a feather's weight power,for defeense, the fast condition even can not give a chance to a fly stop on hands.my fighting way and ideas are hide in secret to opponent,so the opponent do not know my condition, but I know the opponent's like know my own palm and fingers' condition, so the winners most can use these stratagems and ideas.
斯技旁門甚多。雖勢有區別。概不外乎壯欺弱。慢讓快耳。有力打無力。手慢讓手快。皆是先天自然之能。非關學力而有為也。察四兩撥千斤之句。顯非力勝。觀耄耋能禦眾之形。快何能為。立如秤准,活似车轮。偏沉则随,双重则滞。每见数年纯功,不能运化者,率皆自为人制,双重之病未悟耳!欲避此病,须知阴阳。粘即是走,走即是粘;阴不离阳,阳不离阴。阴阳相济,方为懂劲。懂劲后,愈练愈精,默识揣摩,渐至从心所欲。本是“舍己从人”,多误“舍近求远”。所谓“差之毫厘,谬以千里”。学者不可不详辨焉!是为论。
There are lot of sects of Tai Chi martial arts,and different of movements of fighting ways, but most of them are use power and speed to win the opponent as a basic conditions, so stronger power will win the weaker power,faster speed will win the slower speed moves,but these are human body natuer instinct ability affection,it is not related to the regular using rule of power jins, such as use 4 ounce power to win thousand pound power,which is use small power to win the big power example. this is not use strong power to win the opponent, a single senior person can fight with lot of people which is not simply based on fast move speed can reach the win condition?!
Body stand should like a steelyard which is balance steady,body move should like wheels' move self-flexible, body weight on one side(single weight)will easy flexible,body weight stay in the middle of two feet with is double weight,no flexible, feeling is slowwitted, those people practice long time years very hard,can not face the opponent attack and easy be controlled,lost flexibility and control power,the reason is not understand the body weight theory,cause double weight problem,theory should understand the relationship of yin yang fighting and united as one,sticky is to let go,let go must use sticky, so sticky is let go, let go is sticky.this is yin and yang depend each other action each other,exchange each other and fighting united as one,only understand the changing relationship of yin and yang, you will understand the power jins's regular theory tenet,after this,directed by the jins' tenet your Tai Chi will practice more progress and more higher level; and with more thinking study summarized,the power jins will be self-controlled more easier condition.
Tai Chi's principle is based on: "use quiet to control movement,use late action to control earlier action,use soft power to win hard power, borrow power to attaick opponent, late move but earlier arrive",this is give up self bad condition to follow the good condition of win the opponent tactic. but most people think self body as mainly condition, fighting hard to get faster,use hard power to attack the opponent, though these are kind of the fighting way, but these are give up near way to get the long way,give up self good condition follow the opponent bad condition,in fact,this is totally different from my theory, so, the Tai Chi practitioners must detail think about it and figure it clear, this is my Tai Chi theory.