103 Long form with Yang Jun in China

ChiDragon

Re: 103 Long form with Yang Jun in China

Post by ChiDragon »

This is good to know and view:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJG60jO1NtU

This is well done. The legs of the practitioner are always distinctively bent; and the arms are bent most of the time. He turns his head and pivot on the heel in doing the "repulse monkey" at 8:17.

I am, only me, using this as my standard. Thus I see nothing can go wrong with this. There is one thing that was invisible is his breathing. How can I tell? Let's keep that as a secret for now. I would like to have someone to reveal the secret.
A deep discussion requires explicit details for a good comprehension of a complex subject.
ChiDragon

Post by ChiDragon »

ChiDragon wrote:This is good to know and view:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJG60jO1NtU

............There is one thing that was invisible is his breathing. How can I tell? Let's keep that as a secret for now. I would like to have someone to reveal the secret.
If one look at the slow movement at 2:40, one might questioned how can he raise his right leg and lowered to the ground with such smooth transition. The answer is that he took one slow deep breath before he lift up his body and the right leg. The slow deep breath was known as "sink chi to the tan tian". While chi was sinken to the tan tian, his left leg muscles were contracted to generate all the energy to support his whole body weight; and able him to maneuver his right leg.

By the traditional concept, it was said that chi flows from the tan tian to other parts of the body. If so, then there would be a delay in delivering the energy from the tan tian to the leg. As a result, a person cannot be stood up immediately. In order for one to stand up instantly, the energy has to be generated by the leg muscles quickly while lifting up the body.

What are your opinions?
A deep discussion requires explicit details for a good comprehension of a complex subject.
ChiDragon

Post by ChiDragon »

ChiDragon wrote:
If one look at the slow movement at 2:40, one might questioned how can he raise his right leg and lowered to the ground with such smooth transition. The answer is that he took one slow deep breath before he lift up his body and the right leg. The slow deep breath was known as "sink chi to the tan tian". While chi was sinken to the tan tian, his left leg muscles were contracted to generate all the energy to support his whole body weight; and able him to maneuver his right leg.
The hidden secret to attain the realm of Tai Ji Quan is:
Coordinate the movement with the breathing; and
Coordinate the breathing with the movement.

If this is not convincing, please try to take a deep breath and exhale completely. Then, do exactly what he did in the video, at 2:40, but slower to see that can be done with finesse or not.