Mirror Image Practice

fchai

Mirror Image Practice

Post by fchai »

Greetings,
Out of interest, I have begun to also practice the form in mirror image. It is a bit of a challenge, but interesting in a myriad of ways. However, it dawned on me that practising the form this way is rarely, if ever, mentioned by any notable Taijiquan teacher or master. However, I am not very scholarly and so may have not read or heard of this and just highlights my ignorance. One of my motivations in practising the mirror image is about harmony and balance. The usual practice tends to emphasise the right side, more so than the left. Doing the mirror image form would, I suggest, mitigate this. Anyway, I would be interested in the thoughts and opinions of other practitioners in this forum.
Take care,
Frank
fchai

Re: Mirror Image Practice

Post by fchai »

Greetings,
Just discovered that there was some discussion on doing the form in mirror image in 2007. Answers my question. Sorry to bother the forum.
Happy Chinese (Rooster) New Year,
Frank
ChiDragon

Post by ChiDragon »

Hi, Frank

Would you please give us the location for the info about the mirror image practice? I am interested in what it says. Thank you.
A deep discussion requires explicit details for a good comprehension of a complex subject.
fchai

Post by fchai »

Hi ChiDragon,
It is titled, "Forms in Mirror Image", and was posted in September 2007. It is under this folder and is after the posting on, Foot Pivot. It is on the second page on my tablet, and so should not be too far away if you just scroll down.
Take care,
Frank
fchai

Post by fchai »

Hi CD,
Made a quick count and it is about the 51st. listing.
Cheers,
Frank