Jin- starts in the feet YZD

ChiDragon

Re: Jin- starts in the feet YZD

Post by ChiDragon »

Bob Ashmore wrote:CD,
That sounds like a martial scenario to me but... OK, sure, let's go with it being an accident.
.....But there are many, many other methods that can be used that do not require stepping.
hehehe...I would step back and grab my honey in my arms if she was the one who pushed me. :oops:
A deep discussion requires explicit details for a good comprehension of a complex subject.
yslim

Post by yslim »

ChiDragon wrote: hehehe...I would step back and grab my honey in my arms if she was the one who pushed me. :oops:
[/quote]

Good Morning CD,
Ha Ha.... You 2 might be rolling in the dirt instead of rolling in the hay as a pair of honey deuces.
ChiDragon

Post by ChiDragon »

Bob Ashmore wrote:We all know I am NOT a linguist, but I've seen this particular phrase before and have seen several translations of it.
Unfortunately, each translation has been different. Similar, but...
That's how it seems to go with that kind of thing.
Translators rely on their knowledge of both languages in question and then use their knowledge of both cultures to determine the best way to make it understandable by the end user. Each persons knowledge and understanding is unique to them so each time a different person translates something you get a different perspective on it.
Anywho...
Hi, Bob
I cannot agree with you more.
It is the same situation in the same culture. Fortunately, I only have to deal with the misinterpretations other than the mistranslations. Most of the time, I had used my invisible linguistic filter to remove the unwanted misinformation. :|
A deep discussion requires explicit details for a good comprehension of a complex subject.
ChiDragon

Post by ChiDragon »

yslim wrote:
ChiDragon wrote:Hi Bob and Louis

這裏先要說明一點,“雙重”不能理解 爲重心在兩個腿上的均勻
分擔,比如“雲手”橫向移動中的馬步、“十字手”的雙腿立起,甚
至任何運動虛實轉換都要有一個重心均布的瞬間,這些都不在雙重之
列。
Good Morning CD,
Now you are cooking with something! Only if you can understanding this native source clearly and translate it into our time.
Then I can answer your favor "Am I correct?" or not. I will give you a "heads-up; have yin ,have yang, must have zhong".
the secret lies in "circle with center"
yslim
Hi, yslim
Is this a challenge? I'll take a chance on you.
Here is the translation:
Let's make it clear about the point here first. "Double-weighted" shouldn't be understood as the body weight was supported by two legs evenly. For example, the moving steps in "cloud hands" and standing on two legs as in "cross hands" and even any activity which require to exchange the "empty(虛) and full(實)" positions, one time or another, the condition of equal weight will occur during the transition. These conditions do not fallen into the "double -weighted" scenario.
DPasek

Post by DPasek »

CD,

To me, the concept (error/sickness) of “double weighting” is limitless in its applicability in Taijiquan, and can occur anywhere in the body. It is a concept that expresses yin and yang and the interaction between them (e.g., zhong). The concept of yin and yang is limitless and so is the concept of “double weighting.” I do not see any benefit in limiting the concept to only the legs.

Your perspective reminds me of the frog in the well of Zhuangzi’s story. I am glad that you are a happy frog, but I think that I will continue on my journey. You can keep your limited viewpoint and stay in your well. Be happy.
ChiDragon

Post by ChiDragon »

Hi, DPasek
The concept lies on the cause of the inability to move freely. The emphasis is on the inability rather than the legs. It happens to be that the concept of "double-weighted' was derived from the legs to begin with. I am only using the legs scenario as a basic example for comprehension. If one can grasp the idea here, then, one will know why when a joint was locked or a finger cannot be moved is considered to be "double-weighted." To summarize the obfuscation for clarification, at anytime, when someone is in an awkward position which causing the immobility of the body. Regardless, what part of the body was in, it was considered to be "double-weighted." Did I make myself clear?

Please don't think that I am a dummy and don't know what the hell I am talking about. :| Peace!
If I am really that stupid, then, I wouldn't have gone this far. Would I? :D
Last edited by ChiDragon on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yslim

Post by yslim »

這裏先要說明一點,“雙重”不能理解 爲重心在兩個腿上的均勻
分擔,比如“雲手”橫向移動中的馬步、“十字手”的雙腿立起,甚
至任何運動虛實轉換都要有一個重心均布的瞬間,這些都不在雙重之
列。
[/quote]

Good Morning CD,
Now you are cooking with something! Only if you can understanding this native source clearly and translate it into our time.
Then I can answer your favor "Am I correct?" or not. I will give you a "heads-up; have yin ,have yang, must have zhong".
the secret lies in "circle with center"
yslim
[/quote]

Hi, yslim
Is this a challenge? I'll take a chance on you.
Here is the translation:
Let's make it clear about the point here first. "Double-weighted" shouldn't be understood as the body weight was supported by two legs evenly. For example, the moving steps in "cloud hands" and standing on two legs as in "cross hands" and even any activity which require to exchange the "empty(虛) and full(實)" positions, one time or another, the condition of equal weight will occur during the transition. These conditions do not fallen into the "double -weighted" scenario.[/quote]

Good Morning CD,
Your answer is incorrect. Because even though you hold the 'native source" in your head but you cannot see the beauty in this Chinses source. This bring back your other post to me "Do you read Chinese at all....???". Better still, "Can you take it to practice?"

Now I see DPasek's post to you:

CD,
To me, the concept (error/sickness) of “double weighting” is limitless in its applicability in Taijiquan, and can occur anywhere in the body. It is a concept that expresses yin and yang and the interaction between them (e.g., zhong). The concept of yin and yang is limitless and so is the concept of “double weighting.” I do not see any benefit in limiting the concept to only the legs.

This show me DPasek is cooking with gas; He knows Chinese source of zhong and took it in heart to pacitice with it.

The beauty is in the mind and heart of beholder
yslim
.[/color]
ChiDragon

Post by ChiDragon »

Hi, yslim
I love the way you come in, once awhile, shooting some yin/yang breeze. How about give us something solid, so, I'll know your 虛實? :D :D :D
yslim

Post by yslim »

ChiDragon wrote:Hi, yslim
I love the way you come in, once awhile, shooting some yin/yang breeze. How about give us something solid, so, I'll know your 虛實? :D :D :D
Good Morning CD,
DPasek said it best, I'll tag along with him:

CD,

Your perspective reminds me of the frog in the well of Zhuangzi’s story. I am glad that you are a happy frog, but I think that I will continue on my journey. You can keep your limited viewpoint and stay in your well. Be happy.

I can't top that! Please study and learn from it with hearts :idea: (we all have 2)
yslim
ChiDragon

Post by ChiDragon »

ChiDragon wrote:Hi, DPasek
The concept lies on the cause of the inability to move freely. The emphasis is on the inability rather than the legs. It happens to be that the concept of "double-weighted' was derived from the legs to begin with. I am only using the legs scenario as a basic example for comprehension. If one can grasp the idea here, then, one will know why when a joint was locked or a finger cannot be moved is considered to be "double-weighted." To summarize the obfuscation for clarification, at anytime, when someone is in an awkward position which causing the immobility of the body. Regardless, what part of the body was in, it was considered to be "double-weighted." Did I make myself clear?

Please don't think that I am a dummy and don't know what the hell I am talking about. :| Peace!
Gentlemen!
What am I saying here?
yslim

Post by yslim »

ChiDragon wrote:
ChiDragon wrote:Hi, DPasek

Gentlemen!
What am I saying here?
Good Night CD,
you rest your case.
yslim :D