Tai Chi Practitioners should know about Mitochondria.

ChiDragon

Re: Tai Chi Practitioners should know about Mitochondria.

Post by ChiDragon »

There are few conditions existed in our breathing habits as follows:
1. One could breathe less than normal
2. One could breathe normally
3. One could breathe more than normal
4. One could breathe much more than normal
These breathing habits will determine how effective that we are using the respiratory system. In other words, are we utilizing the volume of the lung to its full capacity? BTW Breathing Normally simply means, during inhalation, the lung was only filled 50% of its volume with air. Breathing less than normal is 25%; more than normal is 75% and much more than normal is 100%.

As mentioned before, the last breathing habit was considered to be abdominal breathing for Tai Chi. Abdominal breathing is a very natural breathing method. It will not cause hyperventilation. It cannot breathe more oxygen than the respiratory system allows. Besides, any excess or unused oxygen will be breathed out during exhalation. Thus there was no harm done to the human body. Abdominal breathing cannot be classified as an artificial breathing is because no external aid was used.

Artificial breathing is when oxygen was forced into the body by an oxygen machine or concentrator. The oxygen concentrator was used for patients who cannot breathe by forcing oxygen into their lungs. The excess oxygen cannot be breathed out was because the patients cannot breathe.

To understand more about abdominal breathing, please view the following video at 26:26.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmDQXl897T8
A deep discussion requires explicit details for a good comprehension of a complex subject.
ChiDragon

Post by ChiDragon »

ChiDragon wrote:
There are few conditions existed in our breathing habits as follows:
1. One could breathe less than normal
2. One could breathe normally
3. One could breathe more than normal
4. One could breathe much more than normal
These breathing habits will determine how effective that we are using the respiratory system. In other words, are we utilizing the volume of the lung to its full capacity? BTW Breathing Normally simply means, during inhalation, the lung was only filled 50% of its volume with air. Breathing less than normal is 25%; more than normal is 75% and much more than normal is 100%.
One who only filled up the lung with 25% of air, on each breath, is definitely has a breathing problem. This person is almost suffocated for oxygen. The vital organs would function improperly. It is because all the cells of those organs are fighting for oxygen to manufacture ATP energy to perform their functions. Especially, the brain uses 20% of the total oxygen of the body. The person would not act normal if the brain is not functioning properly. The body will have chronic disease due to hypoxia. If the lung is weak, it will not breathe enough oxygen for the heart to beat strongly. The function of the heart is to pump blood into the lung to collect oxygen and delivered to the cells. A weak heart will cause poor blood circulation in the body plus a lack of oxygen in the lung. Hence, the cells do not have enough oxygen to produce the ATP to provide each organ to function normally.

To correct the breathing problem is to practice Tai Chi everyday. Eventually, the breathing of the practitioner will breathe deeper and deeper until the breath was felt underneath the navel. At this point, it was considered that the chi has been sunken to the dan tian(氣沈丹田). Each time when the breath was deeper simply means the volume of lung was filled with more air. Thus the oxygen level had been increased. As result, the energy level was increased also. In the past, the body was not able to provide that much energy because of the lack of oxygen. Now, more oxygen intake will give the cells to produce more ATP than before. That's is why a Tai chi practitioner was able to feel the difference in the energy level change.

After the Tai Chi practice, diligently, the lung will be filled up 100% with air. The body has fine tuned to have all the organs to carry all the functions normally and properly. Best of all, the body is much healthier and the chronic diseases are gone. The energy level are much higher than before the Tai Chi practice. FYI For all this to happen, the breathing must have been improved. Otherwise, the goal of Tai Chi has not been accomplished.

The physical strength of the body is li(力) when the lung has the capability to fill 25 to 50% with air. It becomes jin(勁) when the lung has the capability to fill 75 to 100% with air. It is because of the constant exercise of the muscles, the number of mitochondria has been increased tremendously. Therefore, the physical strength is multiplied by the number of mitochondria. BTW If you still don't believe me, then, you go try to do push-hands with a real Tai Chi master.
A deep discussion requires explicit details for a good comprehension of a complex subject.
DPasek

Post by DPasek »

Myth building!
ChiDragon

Post by ChiDragon »

DPasek wrote:Myth building!
Do you have any better idea?

Wu Wei
Let nature take its course.
DPasek

Post by DPasek »

I tried to explain how ideas should be checked, but so far you refuse to check your assumptions. To me, that weakens your ideas to the point of being ridiculous! Why do you refuse to check your assumptions? With the information available today through the internet, it is not that difficult.

I oppose your myth building because you refuse to check your assumptions! Because you do not check your assumptions, you continue to provide misinformation; you continue building a “house of cards.”

I was intentionally harsh to you, even calling you too stupid to realize how stupid you were, in order to shake you out of your complacency, but nothing has worked! Are you so invested in your ideas that you seem to fear searching for the truth, possibly because it may topple your house of cards? How can you be against searching for truth?

If what you find requires you to modify or abandon your ideas, then so what? Seek for the truth. If you refuse to, then I cannot help you.
yslim

Post by yslim »

ChiDragon wrote:
The physical strength of the body is li(力) when the lung has the capability to fill 25 to 50% with air. It becomes jin(勁) when the lung has the capability to fill 75 to 100% with air. It is because of the constant exercise of the muscles, the number of mitochondria has been increased tremendously.
What???

BTW P.S. Since when Tai Chi Chuan become "exercise of the muscles"? What happen to your yi/mind? Your yi got stuck in your jin(勁), you should let some air out of your lungs to set your yi out so it can be free to change. This is "my better idea. Try it and you might improve your Tai Chi Chuan.
ChiDragon

Post by ChiDragon »

DPasek,
Did you think I make all this up, based on your own assumption, without searching through the internet?

@yslim
Please keep up with your new ideas, young man. You will go a long way from now. :)
ChiDragon

Post by ChiDragon »

Just in case, for those who practice Tai Chi don't know where all the body energy come from. Ops! Look what I have found in the internet about cellular respiration.

Ref: Glucose, oxygen and energy(ATP)
https://www.khanacademy.org/science/bio ... espiration
yslim

Post by yslim »

[quote="ChiDragon"]DPasek,
Did you think I make all this up, based on your own assumption, without searching through the internet?

Good Morning CD,
Yes you did make all this up...This was what you posted: "The Tai Chi principle is when one moves, the whole body moves as an ocean WAVE(動如海).".

(動=moves, 如=as, 海=ocean. The fact is, there is no 'WAVE', only your alt-fact.) Your understanding Chinese and Tai Chi Chuan was do as you think. When you think you don't know, if you know you don't think. Ocean is a mighty force, ocean WAVE is just the residue of an ocean movement. Your interpretation looks like a fake "Tai Chi body" force.
ChiDragon

Post by ChiDragon »

yslim,
My young man. If you don't understand or reject 静如山,动如海., perhaps you can depict this pharse 静如山岳,动如江河 from here:
Ref: http://kf.wushuchuban.cn/kfnews-show-1350.aspx
DPasek

Post by DPasek »

ChiDragon wrote:DPasek,
Did you think I make all this up...
I actually think that it is likely that a reasonably good hypothesis could be made for the improvements that Taijiquan practice can make for individuals suffering from chronic hypoxia. There is a lot of research material on hypoxia vs. normoxia, and much of the information that you have already found, and presented, seems to validly apply to this.

Your inaccuracies and unsupported assumptions appear to come from attempts to go beyond the above. Almost all of your speculation about greater than normoxia does appear to come from pure speculation without the proper scientific support! For example, where did you get the idea that the lungs can EVER, even theoretically, have a gas exchange of 100% when taking a breath! Give me a citation that supports this statement! Otherwise, YES, it is made up! I’ll leave it up to other readers to search for the answer; then they can find out for themselves without relying on what either of us says.

While not ALL of your information is made up, you do need to provide citations for much of it since a significant portion of it does seem to be made up! It is just what you THINK should to be true – NOT what is actually true!

Yes, absent citations, I do think that you make up much of your information!

Someone who does not have a background in science would probably not know enough to question your myth building, but since I am a biochemist, there are numerous (not just one or two) red flags concerning your statements. To someone without background knowledge, you may seem to know what you are talking about because they are not familiar with things like chronic hypoxia and if that is a valid control for comparison with healthy individuals instead of an apples/oranges comparison, ATP levels in cells and the half-life of ATP, mitochondria, NADPH, hydrogen ions and the ways that the body attempts to avoid acidification of the cells, lactic acid buildup and breakdown, the maximum gas exchange capability of the lungs, etc, much less the rather vague and poorly defined concepts of li and jin, qi, etc.
ChiDragon

Post by ChiDragon »

DPasek wrote:Your inaccuracies and unsupported assumptions appear to come from attempts to go beyond the above. Almost all of your speculation about greater than normoxia does appear to come from pure speculation without the proper scientific support! For example, where did you get the idea that the lungs can EVER, even theoretically, have a gas exchange of 100% when taking a breath!
ChiDragon wrote:These breathing habits will determine how effective that we are using the respiratory system. In other words, are we utilizing the volume of the lung to its full capacity? BTW Breathing Normally simply means, during inhalation, the lung was only filled 50% of its volume with air. Breathing less than normal is 25%; more than normal is 75% and much more than normal is 100%.
I had mentioned 100% by volume of the lung capacity which could be filled up with air. Where have I mentioned a gas exchange of 100% when taking a breath!?
yslim

Post by yslim »

ChiDragon wrote:DPasek,
@yslim
Please keep up with your new ideas, young man. You will go a long way from now. :)
Good Morning CD,
Thank you for your encouragement to keep up with my new ideas. Actually they are my Tai Chi Teachers' ideas that we learn for our good health. Yes, we had gone a long way with our practice of a new idea call "Little Heaven Orbiting" to circulate my sexual energy when I make love to my lovey. I could have that whole cake and eat it without losing my Original Chi. We call it the "Big Draw", I remain very contained and contented for a couple of days afterward and didn't know much of "ATP" gained or lost because it was not in my mind. I had read this art was the Taoist secret. We learn it from our Tai Chi for health. Since you are a Taoist, any offering.....it is greatly appreciated. :D
ChiDragon

Post by ChiDragon »

yslim wrote: Good Morning CD,
Thank you for your encouragement to keep up with my new ideas....
.....I remain very contained and contented for a couple of days afterward and didn't know much of "ATP" gained or lost because it was not in my mind. I had read this art was the Taoist secret. We learn it from our Tai Chi for health. Since you are a Taoist, any offering.....it is greatly appreciated. :D
You welcome, young man.

ATP is something is worth investigating since it is constant generating in your body. Your muscles will not move without ATP. It took me few years to master it for my comprehension. Thus a knowledge learn is a knowledge gain. Don't be a 井底之蛙.

A Taoist practice Tai Chi is to cultivate the body, mind and breathing for longevity. The mind is very important to keep it open, at all times, to be objective and impartial. Knowledge is just like a puzzle. Lean to link the things you already knew together to broaden your wisdom. You won't be surprised how much you knew. Don't be afraid to go into new things. Also, don't be timid if someone accuse you of what you don't know but you knew. One must stand up to defend the truth. Good luck, young man.
yslim

Post by yslim »

ChiDragon wrote:
yslim wrote: Good Morning CD,
Thank you for your encouragement to keep up with my new ideas....
.....I remain very contained and contented for a couple of days afterward and didn't know much of "ATP" gained or lost because it was not in my mind. I had read this art was the Taoist secret. We learn it from our Tai Chi for health. Since you are a Taoist, any offering.....it is greatly appreciated. :D
You welcome, young man.

ATP is something is worth investigating since it is constant generating in your body. Your muscles will not move without ATP. It took me few years to master it for my comprehension. Thus a knowledge learn is a knowledge gain. Don't be a 井底之蛙.

yslim: Good Morning CD. Sorry CD I have yet to study any ATP scientifically during all of our TaiChi Chuan practice. The fact that I'm alive, I realize and recognize that my maker has provided all the ATP I need without having to worry about my being dead or alive. This execution is in the hand of Heaven, even though my plan to practice the Tai Chi Chuan principle is in the will of mine.

CD:Thus a knowledge learn is a knowledge gain. Don't be a 井底之蛙.

yslim:This good advice, was from DPasek to you on a previous post. I am pleased that you took notice.

A Taoist practice Tai Chi is to cultivate the body, mind and breathing for longevity. The mind is very important to keep it open, at all times, to be objective and impartial. Knowledge is just like a puzzle. Lean to link the things you already knew together to broaden your wisdom. You won't be surprised how much you knew. Don't be afraid to go into new things. Also, don't be timid if someone accuse you of what you don't know but you knew. One must stand up to defend the truth. Good luck, young man.
yslim:This sounded like what DPasek had been telling you be a smart frog but not a 井底之蛙. Good that you get some rub-off from him.