How to Relax in Tai Chi?

ChiDragon

Re: How to Relax in Tai Chi?

Post by ChiDragon »

chidrgon wrote:In the first few days or weeks, I can guarantee you that all beginners will tighten their muscles on all their movements. From here, we can learn that the students are not in the "song" state. I don't like to use the word "relax" for the translation of "鬆". I would rather say when one is in the "鬆" state; the muscles are NOT contracted. As I had mentioned before, "鬆" is pertaining to the muscles only in the native language regardless of Taiji.
Audi wrote:I don’t want to agree or disagree with these statement so much as clarify what I understand what the Yang family says about making the mind and body “song.”
..... and it is not really about mental activity even though you must consciously do it.
I cannot agree with this statement. It is the mind that controls the muscles to be concentric, eccentric or isometric. All the movements, in Tai Chi, are not consciously done. Including the relaxation of the mind.

Audi wrote:Separately from making the body physically “song,” it is also important, especially in push hands, to make the mind “song” to allow the energy to move as required. Thus, both the body and mind must by “song,” but these are best treated as separate issues even if there is some interaction.

This is where the mistranslation was. The relaxation of the mind does not allow energy to move. BTW What energy are you talking about? Where does the energy come from? Here is where the energy come from. The mind sends a signal to the muscles is called the "action potential." As soon that signal was sent, ATP energy was spontaneously generated for the muscles to use for contraction. One might think that the mind was relaxed, then the muscles will be relaxed also. However, in order for the muscles to be relaxed, the mind has tell the muscles to do so by not sending the "action potential."
A deep discussion requires explicit details for a good comprehension of a complex subject.
dottaichi

Post by dottaichi »

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the reply! Sorry I didn't see all these replies until now. Thank you for all the sifus (masters) out there sharing your views with me, I really appreciate it. :mrgreen:

The one in the video is actually my dad. As I shared in my first post, I am a beginner. I'm practicing as a solicitor in Hong Kong, and my website was my attempt at breakdowning down my understanding so far, and I thought 'How to Relax' is one of the crucial steps in Tai Chi :)

Let me read through the comments and go through another round of discussion with my dad to see where I've veered off course :]

Trying not to go too off topic here, but I wanted to share one interesting article I've recently stumbled across: https://kottke.org/18/11/the-remarkable ... meditators. (i.e. Brain waves of high level meditators)

I think this ties in to the issue of how to relax in Tai Chi in a neat way - we can train ourselves to learn how to be in a relaxed state (which may be related to having high levels of gamma waves), and this has to be done by way of deliberate practice.

How do we do 'deliberate practice'? Well that's what I'm here to find out, haha.

Love and hugs to everyone here :]

Warm regards,
Ron
ChiDragon

Post by ChiDragon »

dottaichi wrote:......my attempt at breakdowning down my understanding so far, and I thought 'How to Relax' is one of the crucial steps in Tai Chi :)

Trying not to go too off topic here, but I wanted to share one interesting article I've recently stumbled across: https://kottke.org/18/11/the-remarkable ... meditators. (i.e. Brain waves of high level meditators)

I think this ties in to the issue of how to relax in Tai Chi in a neat way - we can train ourselves to learn how to be in a relaxed state (which may be related to having high levels of gamma waves), and this has to be done by way of deliberate practice.

How do we do 'deliberate practice'? Well that's what I'm here to find out, haha.
Hi, dottaichi
You thought 'How to Relax' is one of the crucial steps in Tai Chi is promising. However, one who try to relate meditation to the practice of Tai Chi is not the right approach. "How to relax" in Tai Chi is not the main goal to relax the mind to in crease the gamma waves. Of course, it could happen. Eventually, during the course in the practice of TJQ, the relaxation was resided in the muscles. While the muscles are relaxed which means that the muscles were not strenuously using excessive force. If the muscles were not over worked, then, the oxygen will not go to be wasted but with some leftovers. The rest of the oxygen will be used by other organs to perform their functions. Hence, the body will be fine tuned and will be healthier and more energetic than before. The endurance of the body will be much greater than those who had acquired from other exercise.

IMMHO Some people called Tai Chi is a walking meditation which is nonsense. How can one meditate while moving or walking? Some people are confused and thought that Tai Chi is a relaxation response. Actually, it is not. It is because that there are movements in Tai Chi which does not allow the mind to be in a complete relax state as one might thought it would be.
A deep discussion requires explicit details for a good comprehension of a complex subject.
fchai

Post by fchai »

Greetings.
Audi wrote:
Separately from making the body physically “song,” it is also important, especially in push hands, to make the mind “song” to allow the energy to move as required. Thus, both the body and mind must by “song,” but these are best treated as separate issues even if there is some interaction.
Nice observation from Audi. My analogy with golf probably lost those that have little knowledge or experience with the sport. The nature of "song" can also be represented by its manifestation in many other high level or elite activity/sport, be it combative or not. You cannot perform at the highest levels if BOTH body and mind are not "song". Has anyone watched Roger Federer play tennis? His reaction times and court craft can seem almost superhuman and magical by ordinary standards. His movements are fluid and relaxed, there is no tension whatsoever in his body, there is no resistance to his body doing whatever his mind/intent directs. AS I see it, his mind is also in the "song" state, able to respond to any eventuality without deliberate conscious thought, just the opportunity to act on a weakness perceived and to instantly knowing how to take advantage of it, and a body capable of acting on it instantly and without reservation.

CD states,
However, just practicing Taiji without any basic knowledge about the physiological functions of the human body will not make progress in a short time nor in the future. Thus the level of accomplishment is strictly relies on the knowledge in all aspects of each individual.
Nobody disputes the mastery of a Chen Wan Ting or a Yang Luchan or a Yang Chengfu or Sun Lutang, etc. Did they have a detailed or even reasonable knowledge of the physiological functions of the human body? Perhaps I have misunderstood the intent of the comment?

Unfortunately, words have different meanings for different people and so we end up frequently in circular arguments. If there is one thing I have realised and learnt with my understanding and practice of Taiji is that, it is multi-layered. Fixating on a single aspect to describe any of its "teachings", 'attributes' or "philosophy" is fraught with problems and frequently does not fully explain anything. In addition, depending on your level of progress and understanding, some aspects may not yet have become evident to you and any meaningful discussion may well be joyless and meaningless, at this point in time. Hopefully, the more we practice and study, the greater will be our knowledge and understanding.

Take care,
Frank
Audi

Post by Audi »

Greetings all,

Dottaichi, I want to reiterate that many noted practitioners have different explanations and different ideas about relaxation. You should follow your father's idea for obvious reasons; however, I think that the Association and many of the posters use different methods. Perhaps it's a case of "there is more than one way to skin a cat" (同工异曲)!

My personal belief is that this is one of the side-benefits of Tai Chi, almost regardless of how it is practiced. I think that standing meditation would have an even more power effect on brain waves than just doing form.

I also want to stress again that I do not think the method taught by the Association could or should be described as entering a "relaxed state." Our method is different. For other teachers and other lineages, on the other hand, talking about a "relaxed state" is probably a good description.

Take care,
Audi
ChiDragon

Post by ChiDragon »

Hi everyone, except the TJQ practitioners :D

Relaxation is only a relative description in describing the muscle strength which was not in use.
Does anyone know that if one only use half of the muscle strength; and the other half is in the relaxed state? In other words, if you did not strike with a full blow, then you are only using half of the muscle energy. Thus the other half wasn't used which is considered to be your muscle was 50% relaxed. I hope this will make sense for someone who would understand. :oops: :roll:
Audi

Post by Audi »

Greetings all,
Nice observation from Audi. My analogy with golf probably lost those that have little knowledge or experience with the sport. The nature of "song" can also be represented by its manifestation in many other high level or elite activity/sport, be it combative or not. You cannot perform at the highest levels if BOTH body and mind are not "song". Has anyone watched Roger Federer play tennis? His reaction times and court craft can seem almost superhuman and magical by ordinary standards. His movements are fluid and relaxed, there is no tension whatsoever in his body, there is no resistance to his body doing whatever his mind/intent directs. AS I see it, his mind is also in the "song" state, able to respond to any eventuality without deliberate conscious thought, just the opportunity to act on a weakness perceived and to instantly knowing how to take advantage of it, and a body capable of acting on it instantly and without reservation.
I strongly agree with the mental part of this, since I have heard Master Yang talk about the mental part of “song” during seminars and teaching on push hands and I have experienced it in my own teaching and practice. However, in a wish to be as clear as possible, I want to describe how the “song” that the Association teaches is not the same as is generally heard in sports in the physical sense. In fact, although I believe there are sports trainers using a concept similar to ours somewhere, I have never personally encountered it in my entire life in practicing sports; seen it described on television listening to discussions of professional, amateur, or olympic sports training or performance; or seen it described on Youtube or equivalent websites aimed at Chinese speakers.

I am not saying that no one else teaches our method of Tai Chi, just that it I have never heard it and that it is not the same as the relaxation that others often describe in sports or in some other forms of Tai Chi. When I look at some practitioners of other Tai Chi styles--but not all--I see them actually do it. But when I have read their books or their websites, I somehow do not see it or hear it described clearly. I even see some hard stylists use our method when applying some techniques, but again never hear or see them describing the method. My educated guess is that some methods of training will naturally let it come out, but that it is not always guaranteed.

I first understood the Association’s teaching on relaxing/loosening at a seminar in the 1990s and was quite surprised, because at that point I had read quite a large amount of what was written about Tai Chi in English and did not recall reading the precise concept described anywhere. I had also been practicing Tai Chi a number of years before this and had never been taught this method. After understanding what was taught, I was unsure whether to have any confidence in it and so searched through all the literature available to me for a clear description as confirmation that what I had heard was correct. After looking extensively, I could find such an explanation only in a short statement in one not very popular book (I think it was written by a Mr. Guo from California in Yang Banhou’s lineage) and in an article in Tai Chi magazine by William Ting, who does not practice Yang Style. Every single other description I could find was either of a different method or was ambiguous, including books written by many of Yang Chengfu’s disciples, students, and relatives.

When people talk about physical relaxation in sports, it is almost always with reference to relaxed movement. The essence of what we teach has to do with what you should first do without much overt movement. In other words, it is not about relaxed movement, but a procedure you should apply to your joints, tendons, and soft tissue even without movement.

A Tai Chi friend of mine also told me about some new observations about the behavior of human fascia (our connective tissue). Apparently, it gets increasingly stronger in extension (until sudden failure), but not during compression. My friend described the behavior of finger traps as a good example of such behavior. They get stronger in extension and weaken in compression.

Another difference is that people in sports and some other versions of Tai Chi focus on something you should avoid doing, whereas as we are talking about something physical to do before and during movement. Also, we talk about a range of acceptable muscular exertion that should be approached from the excessive end, rather than a point that should be close to the level of minimal exertion.

Think of playing cat’s cradle, the child’s game where you interlace a loop of string through the fingers of both hands and pull them apart to make various patterns as you slip different fingers through the string by yourself and with a partner. To make the pattern clear, you must pull your hands apart and maintain tension in the strings. There is a wide range of tension that is acceptable; however, if it is too much, it becomes impossible to change the pattern, and if it is too little, the pattern disappears and the string can even slip off the fingers.

If you have played the game, you know that is is intuitive and obvious that it is better to maintain the level of tension closer to the maximum and adjust it as necessary than to try to go towards the minimum level and make the pattern unclear or risk the string slipping off. Our method of loosening/ relaxation as you practice form is the same. You need tension in the tendons and soft tissue within a particular range and it is better to work down from the maximum acceptable than to try to flirt with the minimum and risk having nothing to work with. Our maximum is limited by what affects the abdominal breathing, but there is no simple way to find the minimum. Again, you can do this while standing still and do not need any movement beyond what comes from extending the joints.

To teach this to a willing open-minded person takes about 30-60 seconds. It is not difficult to do, once understood. To learn to do it for the entire form as dictated by the Ten Essentials takes between 2 and 5 years in someone practicing diligently. I generally don’t see the process “completed” until people have reached Rank 5 (i.e., after 7 or more years of practice). I see some people who have practiced 20 years and still have only a limited ability to manifest this type of movement through the form.

Our method is why we do the form at a slow and even pace. If you change the speed, you have to change the level of muscular exertion and tension in the soft tissue. Since what we do is hard to put into consistent practice, we try to eliminate everything that would complicate matters, including changes in form speed. During Push Hands training, other considerations become important and then must be added on top of this foundation. Reversing the order of training would not lead to good results along our path.

There are three things that we also say about our method that others don’t seem to say. Our method is not an end in itself, but rather a means to an end. Our method is what we use to unify the body. Even though it is closely connected with the movement of energy, we do not talk about it as some basic means of generating energy. We extend all the joints and do not have a sensation of holding any of them in a particular pattern. We let the energy do that. It is an equilibrium in which we actively manipulate only one side. Gravity and the energy in the soft tissue serves as the other side. Lastly, we say that doing the relaxing and loosening in our form teaches you how to be yielding/soft. But after this, we want to focus on the appropriate concepts of coordination to make the energy hard. Then, as we learn appropriate tactics, we learn to use soft and hard together. At this point, the level of muscular exertion will vary tremendously according to what you are trying to do, but still will be modulated differently than in regular sports or in martial arts relying more on the hard use of energy.

If you focus only on minimizing or eliminating muscular exertion, I think our path becomes impossible. If you focus only on “relaxed movement,” I think you can follow our path, but will find it quite difficult and confusing. We teach through movement and applications, but the essence of what is important is independent of these. It is also only one step in a long process, rather than an all encompassing method responsible for proper use of energy.

I hope this is clear and helpful.

Take care,
Audi
ChiDragon

Post by ChiDragon »

fchai wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:39 pm A limited analogy that I sometimes use is that of a good golf swing. To execute a good and powerful drive, you have to be "song" from the start of the swing to its end. If any tension creeps in, be it the fingers, hands, legs, core, neck, etc. the swing will not be optimum and you will lose power and direction. And, the mind also plays a huge part. "Visualisation" provides the "Intent" for the swing and where you want the ball to land. The mind needs to be "still" and focused and relaxed, without errant thoughts or tension else the swing will be ineffectual.
Isn't Taiji wonderful?
I have to agree with Frank on the application of Tai Chi principles. Indeed, after years of Tai Chi practice and was done properly, one's body will have the ability to perform any sport better than the none Tai Chi practitioners. It is mainly because that the yin-yang principle has already been incorporated in the body and programmed in the mind. Thus any action or reaction, the principle of Tai Chi will be emerged spontaneously. Its validity doesn't have to be told by anyone.

Edited:
To execute a good and powerful drive, you have to be "song" from the start of the swing to its end.
I am total agree with "to be 'song' from the start of the swing"; but not "to its end." In this case, it was a yin-yin attribute.
The yin-yang principle is yin at the beginning and yang at the end to complete the cycle or vise versa. If "song" is still at the end, then there was no striking power. In other words, to initiate a striking momentum, it is soft(yin) at the beginning and hard(yang) at the end to fulfill the yin-yang requirement.
ChiDragon

Post by ChiDragon »

fchai wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:49 am CD states,
However, just practicing Taiji without any basic knowledge about the physiological functions of the human body will not make progress in a short time nor in the future. Thus the level of accomplishment is strictly relies on the knowledge in all aspects of each individual.
Nobody disputes the mastery of a Chen Wan Ting or a Yang Luchan or a Yang Chengfu or Sun Lutang, etc. Did they have a detailed or even reasonable knowledge of the physiological functions of the human body? Perhaps I have misunderstood the intent of the comment?

Unfortunately, words have different meanings for different people and so we end up frequently in circular arguments. If there is one thing I have realised and learnt with my understanding and practice of Taiji is that, it is multi-layered. Fixating on a single aspect to describe any of its "teachings", 'attributes' or "philosophy" is fraught with problems and frequently does not fully explain anything. In addition, depending on your level of progress and understanding, some aspects may not yet have become evident to you and any meaningful discussion may well be joyless and meaningless, at this point in time. Hopefully, the more we practice and study, the greater will be our knowledge and understanding.
Frank
Nobody disputes the mastery of a Chen Wan Ting or a Yang Luchan or a Yang Chengfu or Sun Lutang, etc. However, in the past, the students were hand picked and trained properly under intensive supervision of their masters. Those who have martial qualities were chosen by the masters and rejected the low quality one.

The student were told by the macroscopic view of their teachers. They only knew that Tai Chi works but do not know how and why it works and don't care. They had good results was because the hand picked students are easier to teach.

Now-a-days the students were not hand picked but by their own choice to learn. Sorry to say, the new teachers are not as strict as the old ones. Any thing they say are not microscopic. Besides, no practitioner has any physiologically knowledge and don't care? Thus without knowing the basic principles and practiced blindly, the end result or the accomplishment from the students will be not very noticeable. That is why some students practiced for many years without improvement.

Based on the comments in the forum, I have not detect anyone which can describe what jin of fajin is all about. In addition, some did not pay much attention to the significance of Tai Chi breathing. Sometimes, they repeat by citing someone else's words without knowing the whole story. Most of the time, the cited statements are partially true. Somehow, for those who didn't know were took it for granted by assuming the whole thing was valid. The worse of it, the misinformation was disseminated and contaminated the whole community and it is irreversible. So, what have we here? It was the blind leading the blind.
ChiDragon

Post by ChiDragon »

Many people thought that "song, " means relax without using any force but it was not the case. So far, I had found a best definition from the quote of one Chinese Tai Chi masters.
吴颖锋:“松”是内家拳特有的名词。所谓“松”,是指以最少的体能内耗去完成身体的合理运动。
Wu Ying Feng: "song" is an esoteric term for the internal practitioners. It is a minimum force to be consumed which gives the body the ability to accomplish a reasonable task.

Based on this definition, the body was not completely relaxed as one might thought it seems. A good example is like a golf swing as once suggested by one of the members, Frank.
Audi

Post by Audi »

Greetings all,
Many people thought that "song, 松" means relax without using any force but it was not the case. So far, I had found a best definition from the quote of one Chinese Tai Chi masters.
吴颖锋:“松”是内家拳特有的名词。所谓“松”,是指以最少的体能内耗去完成身体的合理运动。
Wu Ying Feng: "song" is an esoteric term for the internal practitioners. It is a minimum force to be consumed which gives the body the ability to accomplish a reasonable task.
I had never seen the term 内耗 before and looked it up in some of my dictionary apps. Some of them indicate it that one of its definitions comes from the field of mechanics, where it is defined as "energy consumed by a machine without any output; internal friction; internal consumption. (机器或其他装置本身所消耗的没有对外做能的能量。) They also list a figurative meaning, which refers to the losses caused by the internal strife in organizations, or "internal waste; internal friction." (为团体内部,因不协调,闹矛盾而无谓地消耗精力,物力等。

I have never studied mechanics and so do not know what English term or terms are used for this concept, even though I am familiar with discussions about such losses in energy systems. In light of the definitions, I would translate the Chinese as:
Wu Yingfeng said: "'Song'" is a specialized term that internal schools have. What they call "song" indicates the state of carrying out a reasonable movement of the body with the least inherent waste of physical energy.
I used concepts similar to these when I first practiced Tai chi on and off for about ten years. At my first seminar with Masters Yang Zhendou and Yang Jun, I was quite surprised because it was evident from their movement and explanations that they did not use this definition at all, but were doing something else.

Master Yang Zhenduo repeatedly demonstrated what he meant by "song" by putting his arms in the final position of a posture and then putting more energy into them to open the joints and visibly make the position of the arms longer and larger. I remember one of other attendees remarking during a break at how odd it was to hear this movement translated as "to relax," since the translation seemed to indicate almost the exact opposite feeling of what Grandmaster Yang was demonstrating. His recommended movement required more muscular energy rather than less.

I also think that an over-reliance on judging movement by its efficiency begs the question of what the movement is efficient at doing. Imagine a toy balloon. Its normal lowest energy shape is simply lying flat. If you blow air into it, its lowest energy state starts to approximate a sphere. If you pour water into it, its lowest energy state is more like an ellipse hanging down because of the effect of gravity. If you blow helium into it, it will float upward because of air pressure. Defining the most “efficient” shape of a balloon cannot be down separately from what you are doing externally to it.

Similarly, our Tai Chi shapes should not be separately defined externally and then formed by some arbitrary notion of efficiency. For example, in the default application of our Grasp the Bird’s Tail, we have almost no direct use of the fingers, except maybe in the left hand of Rollback, and yet our “relaxation/loosening” requires the fingers to be somewhat extended throughout. Even in the fingers of the left hand during Rollback, we do not form a natural grabbing shape, but leave the fingers extended in a shape that would be “inefficient” to grab someone.

In other words, even when the fingers are not directly involved in an application, we do not want you to relax them by withdrawing energy from them and letting them curl up. Instead, we want the energy to thread all the way through by extending the fingers and opening up even the joints in the fingers. This process unifies the energy so that what you do in the fingers affects the entire arm and threads all the way through the body into the feet.
Edited:
To execute a good and powerful drive, you have to be "song" from the start of the swing to its end.
I am total agree with "to be 'song' from the start of the swing"; but not "to its end." In this case, it was a yin-yin attribute.
The yin-yang principle is yin at the beginning and yang at the end to complete the cycle or vise versa. If "song" is still at the end, then there was no striking power. In other words, to initiate a striking momentum, it is soft(yin) at the beginning and hard(yang) at the end to fulfill the yin-yang requirement.
What is the Taiji that would include this yin and yang? In golf, the impact of the club on the ball brings much less force to your arm than even hitting a ping pong ball with a racket. In golf, there is no need to do something special with your muscles when the club head strikes the ball. It feels as if it is just in the way of your full swing.

I think in most hard styles, you have to go from soft, relaxed muscles to hard tense muscles in executing a typical strike; however, that is not what we do in our Tai Chi. There is no yin-yang cycle between soft and hard during the typical strike, but there is a cycle between storing and releasing and full and empty. The opponent may experience the energy as hard, but not because we are using hard muscles. We say that hard stylists tend to have energy that is all or nothing; whereas ours is more like a constant wave cycling between peak and trough.

I remember at one seminar when Master Yang was teaching and demonstrating fajin, he also was quite clear that he did not particularly tense upon delivery of energy and didn’t really feel anything in his muscles, despite the high energy output. That is what I also feel in showing fajin and in practicing staff drills. I feel like I am emptying force into the tip rather than packing or pushing force into it. I think that a golf swing can be similar. You don’t really go from a relaxed state to a tense one and never really squeeze your muscles tight and make your structure hard. You just wind up to store energy, and then unwind to release it as the energy whips from your torso into your arms and the club.

Take care,
Audi
ChiDragon

Post by ChiDragon »

I think in most hard styles, you have to go from soft, relaxed muscles to hard tense muscles in executing a typical strike; however, that is not what we do in our Tai Chi. There is no yin-yang cycle between soft and hard during the typical strike, but there is a cycle between storing and releasing and full and empty.
I wish someone didn't make such understatement. Especially from a Tai Chi practitioner. The revelation of the concept is loud and clear. IMMHO It seems to me it was a total lack of knowledge about the yin-yang concept, even though the concept is strongly hidden in the statement.
yslim

Post by yslim »

ChiDragon wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:40 pm
I think in most hard styles, you have to go from soft, relaxed muscles to hard tense muscles in executing a typical strike; however, that is not what we do in our Tai Chi. There is no yin-yang cycle between soft and hard during the typical strike, but there is a cycle between storing and releasing and full and empty.
I wish someone didn't make such understatement. Especially from a Tai Chi practitioner. The revelation of the concept is loud and clear. IMMHO It seems to me it was a total lack of knowledge about the yin-yang concept, even though the concept is strongly hidden in the statement.

Good Morning CD,

Be mindful what you wish…Here comes another one of the same, especially from another Tai Chi practitioner. IMMHO Frank was right on his golf swing, Audi was right on the golf ball and you are right behind the 8 ball. You kind of got stuck in the hard place between what is “yin-yang cycle” and “yin-yang concept”. Unless you have the knowledge how to work the infinity of “figure 8”. Let me know if you want me to draw a picture of my imagination in the spirit of Christmas.

In The Holiday Spirit,
yslim
ChiDragon

Post by ChiDragon »

yslim wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:51 am Good Morning CD,

Be mindful what you wish…Here comes another one of the same, especially from another Tai Chi practitioner. IMMHO Frank was right on his golf swing, Audi was right on the golf ball and you are right behind the 8 ball. You kind of got stuck in the hard place between what is “yin-yang cycle” and “yin-yang concept”. Unless you have the knowledge how to work the infinity of “figure 8”. Let me know if you want me to draw a picture of my imagination in the spirit of Christmas.

In The Holiday Spirit,
yslim
Good morning, my young man.
Should I say that you have a sense of humor? I wish to engage in a more intellectual conversation with you; and come up with something more authentic it the future. Instead of trailing with some secondhand information. Somehow, I see that you like to tease me by standing on my opposite side most of the time. BTW How about be a little wiser by not wasting cyber space!

FYI No one can get stuck in a yin-yang cycle. The yin-yang concept represents a perpetual changing cycle of the universe. It will never cease.
yslim

Post by yslim »

ChiDragon wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:07 am
yslim wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:51 am Good Morning CD,

In The Holiday Spirit,
yslim
Should I say that you have a sense of humor? I wish to engage in a more intellectual conversation with you; and come up with something more authentic it the future. Instead of trailing with some secondhand information. Somehow, I see that you like to tease me by standing on my opposite side most of the time. BTW How about be a little wiser by not wasting cyber space!

FYI No one can get stuck in a yin-yang cycle. The yin-yang concept represents a perpetual changing cycle of the universe. It will never cease.
Good Morning CD

Should I say that you have a sense of humor?
Go for it, it show you have good taste

I wish to engage in a more intellectual conversation with you; and come up with something more authentic it the future. Instead of trailing with some secondhand information.
I did from the above statement [IMMHO Frank was right on his golf swing, Audi was right on the golf ball and you are right behind the 8 ball. You kind of got stuck in the hard place between what is a “yin-yang cycle” and “yin-yang concept”].

Somehow, I see that you like to tease me by standing on my opposite side most of the time.
Because you make me do it! Your post “most of the time’ is so lopsided that you distort the shape of Tai Chi, so I have to stand on your opposite side, so the true nature of taiji can maintain… harmonize the synergy of polarity.

BTW How about be a little wiser by not wasting cyber space!
I gave you head up “be mindful what you wish” if you wish me to be any more wiser, my opposite side is SOB (Sweet O Boy) Smart Ass will appear. There is not enough cyber space for it. So I let you have the last word…”not wasting cyber space!”

This was what I already told you so : [Unless you have the knowledge how to work the infinity of “figure 8”. Let me know if you want me to draw a picture of my imagination]
P.S. Now, do you really want me to draw you that picture of the figure 8 and how it works in the Taiji body? I am an Artist….

Ciao, yslim