Original Tai CHi practice

Bob46

Original Tai CHi practice

Post by Bob46 »

Hi to all Tai Chi enthusiasts,

I'm delighted to join this forum and share my passion for this fascinating martial art. Tai Chi is much more than just a physical exercise, it's a discipline that brings inner peace, balance and vitality.

Have you ever heard of "Dinosaur Slippers"? These unique accessories add a touch of fun to your Tai Chi practice. I was wondering what you think of them and if anyone has tried them out.

Regarding Tai Chi in a specific geotechnical environment, as discussed in the previous post, do any of you have any tips to share for practicing safely on unstable ground? I'm also wondering about the potential challenges this could pose in the long run.

Thank you for your feedback.
Gift ideas and toys for children
fchai

Re: Original Tai CHi practice

Post by fchai »

Greetings Bob46,

What do you mean by unstable ground"? Also, what would be your objective? "Dragon slippers"?

Personally, I practice on whatever surface is in situ, wherever I am at, when I want to practice and am not at home. Also, I practice wearing whatever footwear I have on, be they boots, runners, etc. Using specific footwear that I don't normally use, doesn't make sense to me.
When I practice, I am always mindful of what my practice objectives are, and these days, it does not include training to fight someone on an unstable surface, such as a rocky, stone-strewn ground, where you are more than likely to twist and tear something and spend weeks in recovery.

Take care,
Frank
MostlyWu

Re: Original Tai CHi practice

Post by MostlyWu »

Was recently on a cruise with a nice facility to do the form in. It much more difficult to maintain my balance in an environment where the very ground beneath you pitches and rolls.