Looking for instruction in Central/Eastern Fla

EdPete

Looking for instruction in Central/Eastern Fla

Post by EdPete »

Snowbird looking for instruction from roughly mid-december to end of april in east central Florida. I'll be staying in Melbourne, but will drive an hour or so if necessary. Would appreciate any info.

Thank You

Pete Borden
Bob Ashmore

Post by Bob Ashmore »

EdPete,
Well, if you're willing to drive a bit there is a school in Stuart, FL, named "Internal Arts Institute".
Here is their link:
http://www.geocities.com/taichifl/

Dmitri Mougdis is a good instructor. I had the priviledge of visiting his school a couple of years ago while I was down in Florida.
He teaches Yang style Tai Chi in the Yang Sau Chung lineage.

If you're not willing to travel, there are some schools in Melbourne. Just google "Tai Chi, Melbourne, FL" and you will get a list and can find one to your liking.

Good luck.
EdPete

Post by EdPete »

Thanks for the quick response. My apologies - I should have been more specific. I'm looking for an instructor/school that teaches the Yang family traditional hand form as shown in Master Jun's Yang Family DVD. I got started with this earlier this year and would like to continue with it over the winter. I'll check the links returned by the Google search - you're right, there are a number in Melbourne.

Thanks and Regards.
Bob Ashmore

Post by Bob Ashmore »

EdPete,
I was not able to find anyone down in that area who teaches the form that is certified by the International Association. That's why I suggested Dmitri. His form is very close to ours. Some minor differences, but nothing that would throw anyone for long.
Good luck in your search.
If you were going closer to Tampa, I know of a very good instructor in St. Pete. But that's half a state away from where you're going.