ah food

nik79

ah food

Post by nik79 »

heLLo!

darn, can stop eating. but i gotta eat right. i'm getting fat & lazy!!!! can anyone suggest some stuff to eat for; meals, snacks, and best of all nibble food(yay!)..?

i just eat anything. which i can feel dragging me closer to the ground. ugh. i have very little energy most of the time. and i know its mainly my diet. i eat everything i shouldn't. shame on me.

dont get me wrong, im only 5'8" @ 152lbs. but i 'feel' fat and old.
jimmyg

Post by jimmyg »

Don't I know this problem, I eat 3 pieces of fruit each day, and I try to include a couple of pieces of freshly prepared veg. as well. However I do still snack and eat junk food although I must admit I don,t do it as often as I used to.
Try the fruit You should find that the natural sugars will increase your energy levels during the day, therefore you won't feel as sluggish.

Hope this helps.
ken

Post by ken »

A snack that I used to use when backpacking was a simple, home-made trail mix consisting of an equal part (by weight) of raisins, M&M (plain), and peanuts. The raisins and M&M's provided quickly useable sugars, while the peanuts provided more slowly available but longer lasting energy from the proteins and fats. Bear in mind that this is not a low calorie snack, but it can be filling (a small handfull usually was sufficient to satisfy) and it does provide immmediate and sustained food energy.
Jaxi

Re: ah food

Post by Jaxi »

Grains, fruits, vegetables, seafood, and herbs. Green tea. Nuts and vegetables are best snacks, as fruits are sweet and it's easier to have too much. Since dried vegetables usually don't taste appealing compared to fruits, it is often the fruits that get picked for trail mixes. Eggs are nice too if not cooked in tons of butter and covered with syrup or something ridiculous. If you just make a list of stuff you know isn't very good in large amounts, then avoid those... and make a list of stuff you know IS healthy, then try to eat more of that: should be okay. Refined sugar and flour is bad. Sodas are bad. Try go mostly natural and primarily seafood for meats. Occasionally just eating whatever you feel like (huge buttery steak with cheesecake and brownies on top)... Nice to indulge on occasion, but many do it day to day and suffer then die. Thanks, good luck.