birth control

ELDER

birth control

Post by ELDER »

I had been noticing that TC practicing is somewhat linked with sexual activity. I think that the chinese calls it as sperm (spirit) alchemy.

During the last years I had been noticing that the frequency of the relations is decreasing and even the “impulse” is also not allways present as it was sometimes ago.
I am not talking about the quality of the contacts, that had been excelent, even lasting longer, giving more pleasure for my wife and for me.

Well I credited it to the coming years and as a natural aging process, as I have been practicing TC for almost ten years, so I am also getting, ten years older.

But for some reason I had to interrupt the every day TC practices during the last 4 months and noticed that all the former desire came up to surface again. The relation frequency sundenly increased to the same level of years ago, even preserving the quality I was used too.

If TC really promotes this sperm alchemy, does it transform the desire into more health or it is just a natural birth control tool ?
Wushuer

Post by Wushuer »

Um.......?
Ok.
I have had the exact opposite experience. My level of "desire" has done nothing but increase, and has done so incrementally over the last nineteen years I have studied three different styles of TCC, except for the seven or so years I did not formally train under a teacher and so slacked off quite a bit.
Won't go into too much detail, for the sake of keeping this public site clean....
But I can say, this is exactly diametrically opposed to the experience I've had with TCC in this area of health.
In fact, after nearly seven years of not going to any type of formalized training, when I got back to classes the first thing my wife said was, "Uh-oh. Here we go again."

I guess that's about all I should say on THAT subject...........

So I can't really help you, just thought I'd chime in with my personal experiences with this health aspect of TCC.
Michael

Post by Michael »

I have to go with Wushuer on this one.
ELDER

Post by ELDER »

Hi,

It is truly good to know about you Wushuer, but it appears to be a unique, or rare case, because all friends I have, described to me the very same symptoms I described before.

Some of them practices just TC, others also practices more MA disciplines as HSing or PaKua, but all of us practice a lot of Qigong (Zanzong) and spar training. The aging is around 35 to 65.

So it should be interesting to have more people testimonies form this forum on this matter, some people don’t discuss it because considering a “taboo” or a not clean issue, and so on.
Wushuer

Post by Wushuer »

I have to disagree with you on this one, Elder. I do not appear to be unique in this area of "health" in TCC.
Michael appears to have had a similar eperience, for one.
I was intrigued by this topic, so I asked around about this a bit. I am close enough to two Wu family disciples to send them e-mail explaining this forum topic and asking for their experiences in this area.
They both experienced an increase, not a decrease, in levels of sexual desire and performance.
Also, these are two teaching disciples and they both went on to say that a lot of thier students have reported an increase in all around, oh... Let's say "vitality" over the years they have trained. No one has ever mentioned a decrease to either of them.
So...
Not scientific in any way, but it does seem indicitave.
I can also tell you from personal experience that the opposite of what you seem to be experiencing is true. I taught TCC to beginners and intermediate students for a number of years, I have been told on many occasions by my former students that they too experienced an increase in all areas of health and even had a number of students, both male and female, report obliquely that their "vitality" had gone up quite a bit since they started training.
I remember this clearly, as it closely co-incided with my own experience.
Take these examples for what they're worth, but it seems to me the problem may not be with the practice of TCC or internal martial arts at all.
The age range I'm speaking about is between 18 and my best guess would be around 65. All experienced the same increase in these areas, so I don't think age had anything to do with it either.
I can't imagine why your experiences have been different.
If anyone knows, I'd sure love to hear the reason.
ELDER

Post by ELDER »

Thanks for the survey and testimonies; in fact this was the idea behind rising up this topic. Anyway, let’s keep waiting for more replies from further TC practitioners.
uosmiley

Post by uosmiley »

This thread is maybe a bit old... but I still feel compelled to add my two cents Image I've noticed a waxing and waning in my own drive as time has passed, but I'm not sure how directly linked to practice it is as much as age. However, if you look at Taiji from the perspective of "energy cultivation" it is possible that through cultivation of your qi it influences other energies in the body (maybe not completely accurate?). The best source I've read regarding this is Mantak Chia's writings on sexual energy cultivation methods drawn from daoist practices. I would recommend them as reading for anyone interested in gaining a deeper understanding of the energies at work within our own bodies from the Chinese perspective, as I found his writings to be both firmly grounded in traditional teachings as well as very accessable to the western reader, even to someone lacking a background in daoism. I would suggest reading what he has to say and drawing your own conclusions. Hope I'm not too far off base on this one... Good luck! Image
psalchemist

Post by psalchemist »

I guess my logic on the subject could be reflected as such...More vitality in health leads to more vitality in many other aspects of ones life. More vitality leads to more VITALITY! Image
Jaxi

Re: birth control

Post by Jaxi »

It depends on the intention that is cultivated while practicing, and what practices are done. A couple practices I've worked with are drawing the chi from sperm up the spine and allowing it to merge with the energy already following the microcosmic cycle... Wow, what a rush!! Also, I've worked regularly with sperm replenishment for after those times where I've wasted/ejaculated before extracting the beneficial essence from the sperm. Doing this often, even at 31 years old I very often go 5+ times in a day everyday for a week or more (if that is my focus). I like sexuality in life, and find my focus in allowing myself to indulge without negative health effects. Imagine the practice of a gardener who damages the plants/trees before their fruits are ripened, thusly causing the tree/plant to put more essence into to fruit and enriching it greatly. The healthiest children can be birthed by beating the mother until near death, and her body will try to give as much of its vital essence to the child. Not that I'm encouraging wife beating... Right? Do unto others etc. I wouldn't want that, but in either case, the point is that much vital essence is placed in sperm, and every ejaculation brings you closer to death, unless you take the proper precautions before, and work to heal the damage done after. Thanks.
Jaxi

Re: birth control

Post by Jaxi »

I would say that decline in cravings may be due to simply more control physically and mentally. If someone with a sexual addiction were to practice, they may find they gain less out-of-control urges, while their ability to perform is heightened. I can go 5+ times in a day, or not at all for weeks, and it doesn't really matter. I have the energy when I want to use it: ready and waiting. My enthusiasm has decreased in some slight way simply due to psychological factors, namely that most girls I've had involvements with are so messed-up/destructive that I have much lost interest. The fairy tale ideas of love have been consistently smashed to bits in my life, so now I just have relations for lack of anything better to do... other than internal energy arts. If you asked yourself why your drive is down, perhaps it is just a feeling of realization that it really isn't important? ataftiop