Transition form?

César

Transition form?

Post by César »

Greetings!

I have been watching an old Yang Zhenduo's video (1996) in which He explains 103 hand form, sabre and sword.

http://www.56.com/u30/v_MTQxNjc0MDM.html

When He calls out the names of the moves (103 hand form), He says something between two movements, for example between grasp the bird's tail and single whip. It is something like "transition form", but I would like to know the exact translation and/or the Chinese characters (if possible).
Thank you very much!

César
Audi

Post by Audi »

Greetings C¨¦sar,

I believe Yang Zhenduo is saying µ¥±ÞµÄ...ת¶¯ÊÆ (d¨¡nbi¨¡n de zhu¨£nd¨°ng sh¨¬), which means something like "transition posture/movement of single whip."

Prior to Wardoff Left, he also says À¿È¸Î²µÄ (l¨¢n qu¨¨ w¨§i de)..., which means "Grasp Sparrows Tail's" or "of Grasp Sparrow's Tail." He follows this with the four names of the individual postures, i.e., ’ò (p¨¦ng), ÂÄ (l¨·), ¼· (j¨«), and °´ (¨¤n). In English, this would be "Wardoff, Rollback, Press, and Push of Grasp Sparrow's Tail"; however, the order of the English would mean that the phrase "Grasp Sparrows's Tail" would be summarizing the previous four postures, rather than announcing them beforehand as in the Chinese.

Yang Zhenduo does something similar between Push (¨¤n) and Fist under Elbow, saying Öâµ×´·µÄ...ÞD„Ó„Ý (zh¨¯u d¨« chu¨ª de zhu¨£nd¨°ng sh¨¬), which means "transition posture/movement of Fist under Elbow."

I hope this helps.

Take care,
Audi
César

Post by César »

Hello Audi!

Thank you for your answer! Is there any way that I can watch the Chinese Words you wrote? I mean, I can't figure them out in my PC...
Once again, Thank you very much

César
Louis Swaim

Post by Louis Swaim »

Hi César,

It depends upon your browser, but in Internet Explorer, you open "encoding" in the "View" menu, then chose More > Chinese Simplified (GB).

--Louis
César

Post by César »

Hi Louis

Thank you very much. It worked perfectly!

César