Question about the form

Angela

Question about the form

Post by Angela »

Hi Yang Jun

I´de like to know one detail in the form:

The fists are opened before the kick in doing Chuan Shen You Tun Tuei - after Ta Hu Shi?

or the fists are opened before the kick in doing Tso Tun Tuei - after Shan Fun Kuan Er

Thanks
Angela
Yang Jun

Post by Yang Jun »

In Zhuan Shen You Deng Tui, after Da Hu Shi, the fists are closed until the hands cross and up until the right foot begins its kick and the arms start to separate - gradually open the fists, not suddenly.

In the left heel kick after Shuang Feng Guan Er, the fists open up gradually as the hands rise up and cross, much like in Cross Hands.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Angela:
<B>Hi Yang Jun

I´de like to know one detail in the form:

The fists are opened before the kick in doing Chuan Shen You Tun Tuei - after Ta Hu Shi?

or the fists are opened before the kick in doing Tso Tun Tuei - after Shan Fun Kuan Er

Thanks
Angela</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Charla Quinn

Post by Charla Quinn »

Hi Yang Jun,
I am still unclear as to the timing of the waist turn to the left , the weight shift to the left, and the arms going into their new positions on the Roll Back (s) after the two Embrace the Tiger and Return to Mountain. I have in my seminar notes that the weight shift is COMPLETE when the right arm connects up(?-to the opponent's arm I'm guessing), THEN the waist turns to the left. I'm confused by my own notes. Thank you for your help.
Charla Quinn
Yang Jun

Post by Yang Jun »

Hello Charla Quinn,
Your notes are right. When you shift your weight back same time you star tune your waist to left and follow your waist tuning left arm pull back right arm connects up.
When you right arm connects up, your weight seat on your back leg and you two hands is in your body center than continue tune left to Roll Back. Just begin your tune don¡¯t tune to far.

I hope what I say is clear.

Yang Jun

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Charla Quinn:
<B>Hi Yang Jun,
I am still unclear as to the timing of the waist turn to the left , the weight shift to the left, and the arms going into their new positions on the Roll Back (s) after the two Embrace the Tiger and Return to Mountain. I have in my seminar notes that the weight shift is COMPLETE when the right arm connects up(?-to the opponent's arm I'm guessing), THEN the waist turns to the left. I'm confused by my own notes. Thank you for your help.
Charla Quinn</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Charla Quinn

Post by Charla Quinn »

Thank you Yang Jun. Yes, you are very clear.
Charla Q.
Charla Quinn

Post by Charla Quinn »

I've been working on the turn around moves a lot lately and have some questions.
On #39, turn around and kick with left heel, do you have any tips on making that move smooth, without wobble!! Does the right foot go to the back right corner (diagonal), turning on the heel of the foot? Does your gaze (eyes) go there also, then do you "open" your body up to the back wall (cardinal direction), along with your gaze, then kick?
On # 51, turn around and kick with right heel, are you turning around on the ball of the foot? Is the left foot then placed parallel to the right foot (both facing to the left diagonal), with the left foot placement in back of the right foot on a north/south line?
On #97 Turn round with lotus kick, would the turn round for the right foot be similar? (on the ball, same direction?) What direction do the feet end up before the kick? Does the left foot end up behind the right when you consider a north/south line? After the kick what direction do you place the left foot for the next move (bend bow and shoot tiger)/
I appreciate your help on these questions as always.
Charla
Yang Jun

Post by Yang Jun »

Hello Quinn,
I haven't check question been long time, sorry!!

Does the right foot go to the back right corner (diagonal)
YES

turning on the heel of the foot?
Yes

Does your gaze (eyes) go there also?
straight back (west).

# 51
are you turning around on the ball of the foot?
YES.

Is the left foot then placed parallel to the right foot (both facing to the left diagonal), with the left foot placement in back of the right foot on a north/south line?

After tune right foot about straight to east,
left foot about north east. Placement of left foot is back of the right foot and little right.

Turn round with lotus kick, would the turn round for the right foot be similar? (on the ball, same direction?)
Yes, both feet tune use ball, but direction is about same, because your weight mostly in your right leg.

what direction do the feet end up before the kick?
right foot east, left foot south east.

right when you consider a north/south line?
YES

After the kick what direction do you place the left foot for the next move (bend bow and shoot tiger)/
keep straight to east.

Wow! I did it, thank you for your visit our web.
Here is a section vedio about kicks, it's in realpaly *rm format.
address is Http://yangfamilytaichi.com/video/kick.rm

let me know after you watch I will delete it.

Yang Jun

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Charla Quinn:
<B>I've been working on the turn around moves a lot lately and have some questions.
On #39, turn around and kick with left heel, do you have any tips on making that move smooth, without wobble!! Does the right foot go to the back right corner (diagonal), turning on the heel of the foot? Does your gaze (eyes) go there also, then do you "open" your body up to the back wall (cardinal direction), along with your gaze, then kick?
On # 51, turn around and kick with right heel, are you turning around on the ball of the foot? Is the left foot then placed parallel to the right foot (both facing to the left diagonal), with the left foot placement in back of the right foot on a north/south line?
On #97 Turn round with lotus kick, would the turn round for the right foot be similar? (on the ball, same direction?) What direction do the feet end up before the kick? Does the left foot end up behind the right when you consider a north/south line? After the kick what direction do you place the left foot for the next move (bend bow and shoot tiger)/
I appreciate your help on these questions as always.
Charla</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Charla Quinn

Post by Charla Quinn »

Thanks Yang Jun for your help. Sorry, but I can't open that video you sent much to my dismay!
Charla
JerryKarin

Post by JerryKarin »

Charla,

You might need to install Real Player on your machine. You can download it
at http://forms.real.com/real/player/playe ... =216215214

Real Player 8 Basic (free)
Charla Quinn

Post by Charla Quinn »

Thanks Jerry. I did download the Realplayer, but the video was still garbled. I'll just have to wait and see the moves in person! I appreciate your help.
Charla
JerryKarin

Post by JerryKarin »

Charla,

Did you try right-clicking on the link, then choose 'save target as' and put it on your drive. It's pretty big so you have to wait a while. When it's done, click on the file in windows explorer. (You use windows, right?)
Charla Quinn

Post by Charla Quinn »

No. I'm of the Mac ilk which many of my friends say is a real disability!
Charla
JerryKarin

Post by JerryKarin »

Maybe some Mac user out there can help her out. Horacio?
Angela

Post by Angela »

Hi Yang Jun!
I could see the video. This is a very good idea!
The images are very nice and clear. Thanks!!
Angela
Yang Jun

Post by Yang Jun »

this is good at list I know some one can open file.
I think realplayer software also has for MAC user. just set up in your computer, should work.
if not I can change format to MOV for MAC user.
Yang Jun