13 steps form

Angela

13 steps form

Post by Angela »

Hi Yang Jun

There are some shifts I can not follow:

From Qi Shi to Yun Shou I should open right or left arm?

From Dan Bian to Zhou Di Chui - is there any step or this is a stationary shift

Also, from Zhou De Chui to Bai He Liang Chui - is this a stationary step, only with arms changes?

From Chuan Zhang to Zhuan Chen Pie Shen Chui - when do I change the left hand to make it face front?

From Shan bu lan qeu wei to Shou Shi - How do I change, to go back facing the biginnig side of the form. Should I move first the left hand and make it from right to left?

Well, hope not disturb you so much with all these questions.

Thanks again
Angela

1 Opening (Qi Shi)
2 Wave Hands like Clouds, only one (Yun Shou)
3 Single Whip (Dan Bian)
4 Punch under the Elbow (Zhou Di Chui)
5 White Crane Spreads its Wings (Bai He Liang Chi)
6 Brush Knee and Push (Lou Xi Ao Bu)
7 Hands Strum the Lute (Shou Hui Pi Pa)
8 High Pat on Horse (Gao Tan Ma)
9 Thrust Palm (Chuan Zhang)
10 Turn Body and Chop with fist (Zhuan Sheng Pie Sheng Chui)
11 Step Forward, Parry, Block and Punch (Jin Bu Ban Lan Chui)
12 Step Forward Grasp the Bird¡¯s Tail (Shang Bu LAN Que Wei)
13 Closing (Shou Shi)
laopei

Post by laopei »

Master Yang Jun & Angela:
Nice surprise about this shorter form. Can you tell us what it is you are talking/writing about?
Has any info. about this shorter form been posted before (and i just missed it)?
Is this something that only our brasilian friends have been introduced to?
I visit this site twice daily (since its creation) (nice job, Jerry). I remember some older post making mention to a shorter form. Has the information been made public and I missed it?
Or.....????

[This message has been edited by laopei (edited 02-22-2002).]
Angela

Post by Angela »

Hello Laopei

This form is not something special for brazilian students. Master Yang Zhenduo has introduced it this year in some Seminars in USA.
What I konw is that this form has the purpose to serve elder people because it's made by easy movements, but yet saving all the principles and important movements of the traditional 108 form.

I was not present at that classes and that's why I'm asking Master Yang Jun some details.

I have many elder students and people in industries to whom I have only 20 minutes classes to give so, there is no time to practice and learn the long form. Also they are all new students and really with tehir bodies very hard and tenses, to learn directly the short form 49, with all the kicks and turns, so this special extra short form is very usefull in these cases, because it gives something that is complete in itself and includes all the principles as well!!

Thanks
Angela
laopei

Post by laopei »

Angela:
thank you for your reply and explanation about the usefulness of this form.
I know this medium creates confusion sometimes. I never meant to imply this form was "something special for brasilian students". (those were your words)
I asked: "Is this something that only our brasilian friends have been introduced to?" I think my meaning is different.
I have not heard about this form before. The masters were teaching at my place (san antonio) this past summer and they did not mentioned it. I know that someplace has to be the place were something is introduced for the first time,
-may be that place was Brasil- therefore I asked:"Is this something that only our brasilian friends have been introduced to?".
(Not a big deal but I want to be clear that I did not say what you heard/read)
About the form: How long is the recommended time for perfomance?
How long does it take to learn it (for new students)?
Thank you
Horacio (laopei)
Angela

Post by Angela »

Hi Horacio!
Angela

Post by Angela »

Hi Horacio!
Nice to know you are the Laopei!
Sorry, my english is not that good and for sure, I mix up sometimes, words and meanings. I´m very clear now about your words and your meanings.

Well, I heard about this 13 steps form first time from one of my students who went to Michigan at Han´s Seminar. When he came back he told me there was this new version of the form. Actually he didn´t learn it, just heard about it from someone there.

I could read an answer given by Master Yang Jun in this discussion forum to Michael Coulon the 09/19/2001 - you may find it here as well, searching in all the topics option.
There Michael also asks Master Yang Jun about this 13 steps form which some of his student could hear about in Michigan´s Seminar.

Your questions about it, are also mines.

Thanks
Angela