shorter form-13 steps

laopei

shorter form-13 steps

Post by laopei »

Master Yang Jun:
Can you tell us about the 13 steps form mentioned by Angela?
What do I want to know?
Is the # 13 -postures- coincidental or does it have some relationship to the 8 gates (ba men) and the five elements (forward, backward, central equilibrium, etc, etc) that made up the original 13 postures of TCC?
What is the recommended time for perfomance? How many repetitions? Should one also learn it on the opposire side?
When will it be introduced to the general public?
Where can a Center Director learn it (in order to teach it to his senior students?)
Anything else you care to comment on.
Thank you
Horacio
Yang Jun

Post by Yang Jun »

Hello Horacio,

13 form created about year ago, all five tai chi chuan style did one. which like thirteen-move simplified forms, was created by the family with the support of the government.
Main meaning is easy for people to learn, also this is government help Tai Chi Chuan develop.

It¡¯s good to know this form, when people can¡¯t learn traditional form this form will useful, this simple but keep family practice way. After you know traditional form this form will be very easy, just few connection movement little different. When center director seminar I will use little time to show it.

Yang Jun

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by laopei:
<B>Master Yang Jun:
Can you tell us about the 13 steps form mentioned by Angela?
What do I want to know?
Is the # 13 -postures- coincidental or does it have some relationship to the 8 gates (ba men) and the five elements (forward, backward, central equilibrium, etc, etc) that made up the original 13 postures of TCC?
What is the recommended time for perfomance? How many repetitions? Should one also learn it on the opposire side?
When will it be introduced to the general public?
Where can a Center Director learn it (in order to teach it to his senior students?)
Anything else you care to comment on.
Thank you
Horacio</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by Yang Jun (edited 03-03-2002).]