small frame

ronald g

small frame

Post by ronald g »

At the open house you mentioned small, medium, and large frame tai chi forms.

What can you tell me about these? For example, small frame 'brush knee' differs in what way from large or medium frame 'brush knee'?

ronald girty
Yang Jun

Post by Yang Jun »

Hello Ronald Girty,

About your question, first I'm following Yang Chengfu Large Form. I have never practice other forms. In Yang family after about 1930 has no one practice small form even small form creator’s later generations they don’t practice it, they all learn Large From. So I can't give you any more information about other forms.

Yang Jun

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ronald g:
<B>At the open house you mentioned small, medium, and large frame tai chi forms.

What can you tell me about these? For example, small frame 'brush knee' differs in what way from large or medium frame 'brush knee'?

ronald girty</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by Yang Jun (edited 02-27-2004).]
ronald g

Post by ronald g »

That's unfortunate. I appears that my problems around large frame are due to my very narrow range of motion.

It became evident in 'cloud hands' and when I examined other postures more closely, trying to keep the hips and shoulder parallel, then it even shows up in 'pull down'.

If you think you may have a potential solution, I would like to pursue it. Or if you would like to see the problems up front and in person, even if just to make sure we are talking about the same thing, I'll be more than happy to come in at your convenience.

ronald g.