Jing and dong excercises

César

Jing and dong excercises

Post by César »

Greetings!

It's been a while since I didn't post!
In the last Association's Journal (Summer 2010), at Wen Da Master Yang Jun says:
"There are two ways to practice Taijiquan: One is jing excercise, which is a still excercise. The other is dong exercise, which is a moving excercise, as when we do the forms.."
Does jing excercise refer to zhan zhuang? I've seen Chen style masters (Chen Zheng Lei, Chen Xiao Wang) teaching this kind of exercises, but I have never seen this in Yang Style Taijiquan.
The closest to this topic, I read it in a Chen Man Ching's book (I don't remember which one) that said that Yang Chengfu used to practice "Single Whip" and "Raise Hands and Step Forward" for a period of time as "still exercises" (Again, I don't remember the exacts words).
Any thoughts?
Has Master Yang Jun tought this on a seminar?
Thanks
ruben

Re: Jing and dong excercises

Post by ruben »

Hi Cesar.
I have joined a couple of Master Yang Jun´s seminars. In Taiyuan, with Master Yang Zhenduo, He taught Zhang Zhuang. He began to open and close his arms and then, he slowed down his movements until he stopped and took a traditional "standing like a tree" position.
In this post, http://www.yangfamilytaichi.com/phpBB3/ ... f=1&t=1045, Activeghost, from Redmond, talk about Master Yang Jun´s regular classes.
Kind regards,

Rubén
César

Re: Jing and dong excercises

Post by César »

Thanks Ruben!
I'll watch the link.