YANG FAMILY HEALING/MEDICINE?

BORIS

YANG FAMILY HEALING/MEDICINE?

Post by BORIS »

HI ALL,
DOES ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW OF ANY YANG FAMILY HEALING SKILLS OR PRACTIONERS, I HAVE READ AND HEARD A LOT ABOUT THE FIGHTING ABILITY AND HAVE FOUND MANY INTERNAL ARTS HAVE THEIR HEALING SIDE FOR HELPING OTHERS.

ALSO ARE THERE ANY T.C.M. PRACTIONERS WHO CONTRIBUTE TO THE FORUM AS I AM TRAINING IN ACCUPUNCTURE FROM THE END OF THIS YEAR AND WOULD APPRECIATE ANY FEEDBACK ON CHI DEVELOPMENT SPECIFICALLY TOWARDS HEALING.

MANY THANKS,

BORIS
mls_72

Post by mls_72 »

The form itself is healing medicine. when i was in shangahi in 1994, Grandmaster Fu zhong Wen announced to an audience at the 50th anniversay of the Yongnian taijiquan association that research at the Shanghai college- Tongji University where he taught classes and seminars that when people who had severe diseases like cancer and other illness practiced the form they got better.

As we all know Taijiquan is a dynamic form of qigong. It has its roots in Traditional chinese medicine, Taoism, accupunture theory, 5 element theory, yin and yang theory, and much more.
Louis Swaim

Post by Louis Swaim »

Greetings,

Good answer, Matt. I was also once told that Fu Zhongwen consumed great quantities of garlic, both for its theraputic effects and for its culinary delight.

Take care,
Louis
BORIS

Post by BORIS »

HI MATT & LOUIS,
THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK, I AM CURIOUS AS TO RESEARCH DONE AT THE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY'S IN CHINA, I WILL BE HUNTING FOR ARTICLES AND PUBLICATIONS, WILL POST ANYTHING INTERESTING I FIND.
I AM ALSO CURIOUS AS TO HOW THE FORM WAS IMPARTED TO THE PATIENTS TO GET RESULTS QUICKLY (EG WITH CANCER, WHERE YOU ARE FIGHTING TIME), CHAP-SAU POSSIBLY? ANY THOUGHTS / SUGGESTIONS?
GARLIC IS INTERESTING, I KNOW MANY PEOPLE WHO SWEAR BY IT FOR A HEALTHY IMMUNE SYSTEM, I USE IT ONLY WHEN I HAVE ANY SIGNS OF ILLNESS STARTING. AT LEAST WITH THE LARGE QUANTITIES IT MUST KEEP THE VAMPIRES OUT OF THE TOWN.
MANY THANKS

BORIS
Bamenwubu

Post by Bamenwubu »

Boris,
Well, I have a couple of books by Dr. Yang Jwing Ming that have some of the healing transmissions of TCC.
I have had some real success with his Qigong Massage and accupressure practices. My wife has some back problems and using what I read out of his books I have managed to get them under control using these methods far better than western medicine ever has. She no longer requires medication or traction and can go about her day nearly pain free.
She's completely convinced.
I did this using the Qigong massage, mostly, but some of the accupressure techniques he mentions in the same book have proven extrememly effective and I'm trying and learning more all the time.
From that alone I can recommend his Qiqong Massage book with no reservations.
It gives you a basic understanding of how to use Qigong (chi kung) massage and all the meridians and accupressure points to balance out the chi in the body. With long practice I was able to become effective enough for my wife to experience some real relief from her back troubles and get off the pills, which was the only thing that western medicine had to offer that seemed to any good at all.
This is not an "easy reader", by any stretch and it's even harder to put the techniques into actual use. The information I had to study was on a par with some of the most difficult college courses I've ever taken. It took me several months of reading, experimenting and downright hard work to even begin to be effective with this, along with a lot of work on myself using Qigong (chi kung) to strengthen my own balance of chi.
First you have to have your body in alignment before you can really help your partner.
So it's not an easy thing to do, at all. But it has been well worth the effort to see her moving so freely again.
What I learned in that book came over directly and immediately into my TCC form and application practice, so there was another bonus to all that hard work. For one thing, you learn the Dim Mak points very clearly, as they are really just accupressure/accupuncture points. Once you know which ones heal, it doesn't take a genious to figure out which ones will harm just as easily if you hit them just them right.
BORIS

Post by BORIS »

HI BAMENWUBU,
THANKS FOR THE REPLY, I WILL HUNT IT OUT WHEN I CAN GET TO THE BOOKSHOP. GLAD TO HEAR YOU HAVE HAD SUCCESS WITH YOUR PARTNER USING THESE TECHNIQUES, I AM ALWAYS SKEPTICAL OF WHAT A BOOK OFFERS JUST BY WHAT IS ON ITS COVER.
BELATED HAPPY NEW YEAR,
BORIS