Yang Zheng Duo Form 13

dragomilak

Yang Zheng Duo Form 13

Post by dragomilak »

Does anybody know something about Master Yang Zheng Duo 13 Form? Maybe any videoclips or photos?
Bob Ashmore

Post by Bob Ashmore »

What do you need to know? I have taken the 13 posture form class a few times and practice it frequently, so I'm familiar with it somewhat.
dragomilak

Post by dragomilak »

I have a names of postures for this short form, but i need to know, how to connect this postures. Maybe has someone videoclip of this postures of some pictures.
Bob Ashmore

Post by Bob Ashmore »

The only person who I know of who makes a video of the 13 posture form is one of Yang Zhen Duo's disciples, Han Hoong Wang. The last time someone checked, she did not have any available for sale.
Her website is www.michigantaichi.com. You could check with her and see if that has changed.
Other than that, I have written up the transitions in between the postures a few times on this site. I don't remember exactly where they would be, but you could look through the older postings and see if you can find them. I got quite in depth on one if I remember correctly.
My postings assumed the reader knew and was able to perform the 103 posture form though, so if that is not the case for you they may not help you much.

Bob
Bob Ashmore

Post by Bob Ashmore »

Ah, here it is. I found it for you.
Again, this presumes you understand the long form and its transitions.
A copy of Master Yang Jun's 103 posture hand form training DVD is also helpful:
The Preperation form and Beginning should be VERY easy to get, they are identical in all respects to the 103 posture form except you don't turn your right toe out to the corner at the end.
The move into Cloud Hands from Beginning is a tad problematic as I know of nothing to compare it with. From the end of Beginning form you turn both of your arms with your waist turn to the right, right palm ends at about shoulder level with palm set, left arm to ward off posture, then you do Cloud Hands as you normally would. The form as I learned it has three reps of Cloud Hands, I see on the website that only one is listed though. Han Hoong Wangs tape has three so that's how I do it but I don't think it matters.
Cloud Hands transitions to Single Whip just like in Section 2 of the Long Form.
Single Whip to Fist Under Elbow is done just as at the end of Embrace Tiger Return to Mountain from Section 2 of the long form, only with the hook hand on the right as opposed to a set palm. Other than that, same thing.
The movement from Fist Under Elbow to White Crane Spreads Its Wings is unique as far as I know, but elegantly simple. Move back your weight sitting on your right leg, lift your left leg and go from heel down empty stance to toe down empty stance. Open your right palm, drop your left palm down behind your right forearm, ward off upwards with the right arm and continue just like you do any other White Crane Spreads Wings from there.
White Crane to Left Brush Knee is just the same as in Sections 1 or 2 or 3.
Left Brush Knee to Hands Strum the Lute is the same also.
HSTL to High Pat On Horse is also quite easy. Move back your weight sitting on your right leg, lift your left leg and go from heel down empty stance to toe down empty stance. Now, left palm turns up, right plam turns down. Move weight forward into High Pat Horse With Palm Thrust just like from the long forms Section 3 from there.
The transition from High Pat On Horse With Palm Thrust to Turn Body Chop With Fist is done very similarly to how TBCWF is done in Section 2 from Step Forward and Punch Down after the transition though if you watch forms # 28, 29 and 30 from Section 2 of the long form, which are TBCWF, SFPBP and Step Up to Grasp the Birds Tail, then you will be seeing the same sequence as appears in the 13 posture form.
After Push from GTBT you do Cross Hands just as at the end of Section 1, only you go the left instead of to the right. Other than that, same thing.

I hope you find this helpful.
Bob
dragomilak

Post by dragomilak »

Thank you very much.