white cranes wings energy

Bill McKendree

white cranes wings energy

Post by Bill McKendree »

Through my studies of energy (chi) I have learned that the energy rises up on the side in which the hand is raised. Also this allpies to the side in which the foot is lifted in whichever manner, heel up, toes up, or lifted entirely. Why then is the same side hand in a downward position on which the lifted heel side is on?
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Hi Bill,

You seem to be going off the fact that yin and yang usually travel diagonally in the upper and lower body. In White Crane Spreads its Wings the body's yin and yang is divided into left and right sides. The low hand and empty leg are yin while the loaded leg and raised arm are yang. This is my understanding. Hope this helps - if that's the direction your question was going.

Best...
Audi

Post by Audi »

Hi Bill,

As far as I know, there is no rule about balancing Qi/Chi between the hand and foot. Consider Separate Foot, where the lead hand and foot go in opposite directions, and Golden Rooster, where the lead hand and foot go in the same direction.

The main rule is to "sink Qi/Chi to the dantian," regardless of how the limbs move.

Take care,
Audi
Bill McKendree

Post by Bill McKendree »

Thanks. But I study kyusho (dim mak) as well and when you raise one leg we know that the chi rises on that side as well to give greater power o our strikes with less effort. Have you ever heard of this?
Bill McKendree

Post by Bill McKendree »

aove should read "to our"
Bill McKendree

Post by Bill McKendree »

I must be overly tired. sorry about the typo's above.
Bill McKendree

Post by Bill McKendree »

My understanding is that when the heel or foot is raised, that the chi rises on that side of the body, thus giving greater amount to the hand in use on that side.
This plays a big role in strikes to the head as the polarity is reversed as compaed to the body itself. Whether the heel is up or not in relation to the hand formation tells you which side of the head to attack.
I hope this helps.