Push Hand Strategy

artyeo

Post by artyeo »

He is one of the pupil of master Huang Sheng-Shyan.
Have somemore clip but to big the size wait till I render it.
Anderzander

Post by Anderzander »

He sounds a little like Wee Kee Jin - but I can't get a clear view of his face...
artyeo

Post by artyeo »

Anderzander
Do you know this guy?
Where he from then
Anderzander

Post by Anderzander »

No, sorry, I can't recognise him. I got a reasonable view of his face in one of the clips but wasn't who I thought he might have been.
Yuri Snisarenko

Post by Yuri Snisarenko »

Artyeo, thank you, it is nice to watch. Have you got a video clip of him performing the form? It would be interesting to watch too.

[This message has been edited by Yuri Snisarenko (edited 09-25-2005).]
artyeo

Post by artyeo »

No. but got clip of master Chen Man Ching and
master Huang, Sheng Shyan push hand

http://www.geocities.com/artyeo/
artyeo

Post by artyeo »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cheefatt taichi:
<B>Hi Yuri,

Please do not take the form lightly, taiji secrets are in the form. I can attest to it and many great masters of the past attested to it too. When I said form, I am refering to the Yang Cheng Fu 10 Essentials and other principles mentioned in the Classics of Tai Chi Chuan. You can become profficient in tuishou without doing the form but your progress will be limited. Tuishou is the application of the principles found in the form and its like exam, how good is your form determine your level of skills in tuishou.

The form is important not of its movements but the tai chi principles within each movements. Pengjin and other neili and neijin all come from perfecting the internal principles within the form. Its just like practising punching and kicking which have direct relationship with ones ability to fight. However, you need to analyse and ask yourself again and again and again, are YCF 10 essentials in my so and so movement within the form? Is there pengjin in every inch, every milimeter of my movements in the form...not only at the end posture but every milimeter between the transition. Any any time within every inch of the movement can I fajin if I wish to? If you can truly understand and build-in these tai chi internal principles into your movement, your tuishaou will improve by leaps and bounce and with persistent practice you will be able to reach the highest level of `Shen Meng'.

Invest time to find real taiji in the form friend</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree
Get the quality not the quantity of the form
no rush. You will feel the difference when come to push hand.
I can do my 37 yamg style form in 2 weeks 15 years ago and what I get.....nothing!
Few years back my "da sze siong" thought me how to do my form right and feel the song & chen when you move your weight from one foot to the other.