TCC differences between men and women?

Charla Quinn

TCC differences between men and women?

Post by Charla Quinn »

Have been wondering lately if women approach TCC differently than men, in their practice, in "mind intent", or perhaps how its incorporated into their daily lives, or why they started studying in the first place. Any thoughts from both men and women?
CQ

[This message has been edited by Charla Quinn (edited 04-26-2001).]
DavidJ

Post by DavidJ »

Hi Charla,

I don't know if this answers some of your questions or not, but...

One of my first three teachers was a woman.

There are three women who teach locally and there are many women in their classes and in other classes.

About half of the the students I've had have been women. One of them told me that she went to an all-women's push hands afternoon, and the women there were every bit as competitive and aggressive as men are.

There are some general structural differences between men and women, such as the angle of the thigh bone, at the knee, to the shin bone, but overall I think that the similarities outweigh the differences, when it comes to execution.
Regards,
David
ken

Post by ken »

For what it's worth, my second (and current) teacher is woman, and the vast majority of the class is also women. (perhaps ironically, the location of the class recently changed, and it is now held at a YWCA).

btw, David, don't forget that women do have a slightly lower center of gravity. I personally feel that they also have greater flexibility. As to how these factors may affect tai chi, I cannot say.