yahoo website

Wushuer

yahoo website

Post by Wushuer »

I was fishing around on Yahoo today, looking to see what kind of websites they might have there, as most web sites about TCC are not usually very good.
I found a yahoo group that fascinated me.
It has very little content. In fact, only one message, no photos, no files.
You can't even call up a member list.
But...
It is fascinating.
It is called:
Yang Chengfu Tai Chi Center

I joined to see what that might be about, having had my interest peaked.
The only content is the single above mentioned message, from a nancylucero1, and it references the calendar section.
In the calendar section is the daily schedule of classes for the Redmond YCF Center.
I see that tonight Master Yang Jun is teaching hand form at 6, corrections at 7 and push hands at 8.
Must be nice to live in Redmond!

Nothing earth shatteringly important. Just a weird place I found whilst surfing around.
Nancylu

Post by Nancylu »

Hi Wushuer:

The Yahoo Group was created for Master Yang Jun's student base here in Redmond and Seattle. It allows me to communicate more effectively with everyone. The calendar is quite important since some students want to know Master Yang's seminar schedule and who is teaching while he is away.

Yes, we are *very* lucky to have Master Yang Jun here in Redmond!

-nancy
Wushuer

Post by Wushuer »

Hi Nancy,
Well, thanks for clearing that up for me.
I was sort of wondering what was up with that site. I figured it was something like that, but didn't know for sure.
What a great idea. It's not likely you'll get too many "lurkers" on there causing problems, and it gives you the opportunity to keep everyone in the area up to date on the classes.
I've been popping in from time to time, just to see what's going on in Redmond. I know it's silly, but I have a lot of net surfing time to kill.

And yes, living within reaching distance of the Master is an enviable position to be in.
I enjoyed learning from Master Yang Jun at the Louisville seminar, he is a wonderful teacher.
I still hear "Footwork, clear..." and "this is almost like... but is just a little bit different" and "OK, we do it again", or "level circle, level loading" while I'm practicing my forms and trying to remember what he taught me about them.
And now as I do Grasp the Birds Tail I still hear his voice calling out "P'eng.... Lu...." and so on through the form. It helps me to stay focused, even now.
Funny how something like that sticks in your head and helps you much later down the line.
Nancylu

Post by Nancylu »

Hi Wushuer:

It's good to have quite a number of 'web surfers' out in the world - some of whom are looking at the Yangfamilytaichi.com website. This is good and helps people interested in this wonderful sport of mind/body connection.

It's funny that you hear Master Yang's voice giving instructions on particular movements. You can imagine, as his student and seeing him 3 or more times per week, how he's with me everywhere I go! The good news is that he's replaced some of the voices I used to have of my parents telling me things!

Anyway, I appreciate your fishing around on Yahoo and would welcome any comments/suggestions you might have for our Yahoo Group.

-nancy
Wushuer

Post by Wushuer »

Nancy,
You had me a bit flipped there for a while!
But I found you. I was wondering where the group went, but then Yahoo must have updated the link from "my groups" because it started taking me to you again.
Whew!!!
For those who don't know, the group was renamed to Yang Family Tai Chi.

[This message has been edited by Wushuer (edited 08-18-2004).]
Nancylu

Post by Nancylu »

Hi Wushuer:

The group was renamed to Yangfamilytaichi because that is what Master Yang originally requested. Sorry for the confusion.

Also, Membership to this Yahoo Group is *only* intended for our school students so that we may communicate more effectively with them about school news and important school announcements. It is not open to the general public.

-Nancy