Dong Yingjie form photos

Andreas Graf

Post by Andreas Graf »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I like one of Gu Luxin's interesting flashbacks. He said that he didn't understand some features of Yang Chengfu style before he got to Chen Fake's class. Some explanations and demonstrations of CFK helped him to better understand YCF.
</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Yuri,

do you have a quote on that?

Regards,

Andreas
Yury Snisarenko

Post by Yury Snisarenko »

Hi Andreas,

I apologize for the misleading information. I've reviewed Gu Liuxin's book about Pao Chui (cannon fist). Actually he says that "Shen Jiazhen had instructions from Yang Chengfu in his own home about fajin as separate movements and that he didn't understand that instructions well before Chen Fake visited him in order to teach Chen style".

I am really sorry, but this mistake doesn’t change the main point about usefulness of the comparison of the styles.
Andreas Graf

Post by Andreas Graf »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yury Snisarenko:
<B>
I am really sorry, but this mistake doesn’t change the main point about usefulness of the comparison of the styles. </B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Yuri, I was asking because I was wondering if you were actually referring to Shen's experience. As far as I remember the quote is that Shen was shown some seperate movements and when studying with CFK, it turns out that what he was being shown by YCF was a movement from Chen style Paochui.

Andreas