Yang Zhen Ji

César

Yang Zhen Ji

Post by César »

Hi!
I found something on the web which I think many people is going to enjoy. It is a YangZhenji's video.

http://www.taijizlin.cz/texty/ruzne.htm

But one thing that called my attention was that his form looks a lot like FuShengYuan's.
For example He does repulse the monkey 5 times. Diagonal Flying is oriented to the front. And White Crane spread its wings looks almost the same as the one fushengyuan does.
I think that his performance (without underestimating YangZhenduo and YangJun, I think they are the best) is the most alike with Yang Cheng Fu's. I got to this conclusion watching Fushengyuan's performance, Yangzhenji's performance and YCF's photos. But this is just my opinion
I would like to hear some comments about this video. I think it's great

César

P.S: Sorry for my english
shugdenla

Post by shugdenla »

Cesar,

You are right.

Zhaenji does play the form a little differently from his brothers. I attended the Taste Of VIrginia some years ago and some of the players took a trip to see Zhenji (not me) and they wrote about it in Tai Chi magazine. Zhenduo et al tend to have the rounded form while Zhenji may be more 'functional' (point of view only).

Zhonhwen was a nephew of the Yang family and he was the one who carried the Yang name until the present!
César

Post by César »

Hi again!

There is another video that I found very interesting, it is the one that says "xiaojia, sabre and paochui"
It shows three forms. The first one is some kind of yang style fast form. I don't recognize the performer. The second one is taiji saber performed by Yang Zhenji, and the third one is supposed to be "Yang Ban Hou Pao Chui". I don't know who is doing the form (although he looks a little bit like YangJun). As far as I know there is no Pao Chui in Traditional Yang Style Taijiquan. or is there?
Perhaps it says something about it in the video but since I don't know anything about Chinese language I can't tell for sure. The only words that I understood were "Yang Cheng Fu something something, Yang Shao Hou..." at the beginning. And since it says "xiaojia" maybe it is Yang Shao Hou's Form. It would make sense. At least for me
Any comments?

César

P.S: Sorry for my english again
artyeo

Post by artyeo »

I think this is more interesting
Believe it or not

http://www.yangfamilytaichi.com/ubb/For ... 037-4.html
JerryKarin

Post by JerryKarin »

artyeo, where did you get the clips? Are you connected in some way with this teacher or his students?
artyeo

Post by artyeo »

his student yes
the master no
shugdenla

Post by shugdenla »

Cesar,

People bring various insights and this may be one of them, so I am not sure. I have surveyed all the Yang information and there is no "paocui" (cannon fist) unless it is a personal insight of the student.
I am aware there are many students of Luchan who have stayed out of the limelight and many are still not mentioned today so obviosuly something is up!

Zhongwen and others have stated there is no cannon fist in Yang style and if it exists it is new innovation based on an old theme!

I will check out the links artyeo showed!
César

Post by César »

Greetings!

I think we kind of have this conversation back in this forum about Pao Chui
Check this out
http://www.yangfamilytaichi.com/ubb/For ... 00041.html

Take care

César
Bob Ashmore

Post by Bob Ashmore »

Cesar,
I really like this clip of Yang Zhen Ji, thank you for sharing this resource with us. His form is superb. I only wish his whole form was displayed as I love the way he performs these moves.
Of course there are differences in the forms, we've certainly covered that topic quite a few times. What would surprise me the most would have been had there been no differences in the forms.
I don't have the book to hand, I'm at work and it's at home, so I'm going from my own poor memory here, but I do seem to recall that our Grand Master Yang Zhen Duo in his book explains that Cloud Hands can be done any number of times, depending on the personal preference of the practicioner, as long as the number is an odd number so you end up in the correct posture to move to diagonal flying after completing your reps.
Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong on this point. I seem to remember thinking that was a very splendid thing when I read it, as it gave each person the opportunity to make the form more his own simply by choosing which number of reps of this form to do each time for his maximum comfort or training level.
I certainly believe in uniformity when doing the form in a group, you should certainly all know in advance how many times you are going to repulse the monkey as a group before you start, but I have often enjoyed solo form practice just a bit more by saying to myself, "Bob, why don't you live it up and do seven, five, nine, one, etc., reps each time you do Repulse Monkey? Live large, sieze the day." That kind of thing.
As for where the orientation is in Diagonal Flying....?
I feel certain that both the Grand Masters are performing this move correctly, but with a differing emphasys on position. I have a sneaking suspicion that both Grand Masters are quite capable of proving that either of these methods adheres to the principles of Yang family Tai Chi Chuan and are merely emphasizing differnces in opinion or personal preference rather than any kind of overwhelming philisophical difference on the subject.
I have watched White Crane Spreads It Wings several times, actually the entire clip but with an eye to that form specifically since it was mentioned, but I have yet to see where the big difference is in between the forms of the two Grand Masters. There are some personal traits there that are done differently but the form is the same in principle and no more different from what I can see than say my form vs. my push hands partners form. Am I missing something bigger than that?
All in all, this is a very fine clip. I learn from these Grand Masters just observing them and this has been my first opportunity to observe Grand Master Yang Zhen Ji in action.
I will have to follow the link once again and find the sword form video the Yang Zhen Ji. I look forward to learning from observation of that form as well.

Bob
Bob Ashmore

Post by Bob Ashmore »

Ah, found it.
Saber form. Very nice to observe the fluid motions Yang Zhen Ji is capable of. Wishing I had anything near that kind of talent.
Maybe in about fifty years, IF I pay attention, I might get half way there.

I have no idea who the young gentleman is doing what is called Yang Ban Hou Pao Chui, or what it is exactly, but it is a fun form to observe.
The Small Frame, "xiao jia", clip is very interesting as well. Any idea who the gentleman is demonstrating the frame?

None of the Chen Man Ching video links works for me and a lot of the other links on the page do the same thing, but with no rhyme or reason that I can find. Even if I right click and choose to save, I still get "page not found" errors.
I will try again later. I would like to see them.

Bob
Wu Chang-Chi

Post by Wu Chang-Chi »

Greetings!

My first instructor taught Repluse the Monkey / Wave Hands Like Cloud with 3 repetitions each, but, you could really do as many times as you had the room for and it was repeated an odd number of times.

She also said that however many repetitions you performed RTM with, you also used the same amount for WHLC. I don't see the relevance, but, I didn't question it.

Respectfully,
Wu
Bob Ashmore

Post by Bob Ashmore »

Wu,
I do believe you are correct on that. I don't know if the Grand Master said it in his book or not, but I also do the same number of repetitions of WHLC as RM when I change it up in the form.
I must have read it someplace. I'm going to go to my book when I get home tonight and find the relevant place and reread the GM's advice on the subject.

Bob
tccstudent

Post by tccstudent »

Personally, I love the Vincent Chu clips. He makes it looks so darn easy.
artyeo

Post by artyeo »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tccstudent:
Personally, I love the Vincent Chu clips. He makes it looks so darn easy.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Please may Iknow where the clip is
artyeo

Post by artyeo »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bob Ashmore:
<B>
The Small Frame, "xiao jia", clip is very interesting as well. Any idea who the gentleman is demonstrating the frame?

None of the Chen Man Ching video links works for me and a lot of the other links on the page do the same thing, but with no rhyme or reason that I can find. Even if I right click and choose to save, I still get "page not found" errors.
I will try again later. I would like to see them.

Bob</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you have to wait 1 hour ifit cant be down load cos too many access
the best is you right click save target as