Jeff
Louis Swaim

Post by Louis Swaim »

Greetings Jeff,

De quoi?

--Louis
mrnaples

Post by mrnaples »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gu Rou Chen:
<B>Demonstration by Mr. Zhu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVJFE1OY988

enjoy!

Jeff</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey Jeff,
let me ask you, do you know what they are doing and why?
no point in posting it other wise.

ciao
yslim

Post by yslim »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gu Rou Chen:
<B>Demonstration by Mr. Zhu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVJFE1OY988

enjoy!

Hi Jeff

Thank you for presenting this clip of a such high skill Taiji master. I enjoy it very much.

Ciao have a nice Taiji day,
yslim
yslim

Post by yslim »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mrnaples:
<B> hey Jeff,
let me ask you, do you know what they are doing and why?
no point in posting it other wise.

ciao

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi mrnaples
Sorry I'm not Jeff.I too hoping that He would give us a more detail by answer to your question. In the mean time may I share with you my Taiji experience to give you a gleam through my micro porthole to a better understanding as to what Master Zhu is doing. What he did could easily be call 'push hand in the spirit level' of the Taiji's famous three stages Jing(essence)-Chi(energy-shen(spirit).This spirit is not in the same league as any other "Holy Spirit" but certainly could fall in the category of Sixth sense(awareness). Humen lost it because of our smartness for inventing gadgets. Good Taiji practice could retain us back to harmony with our true nature to become oneness again. Which mean the taiji spirit is a process from Jing(essence) transform into Chi to become an 'internal body (Yang)'commanding by the Yi and come out to meet the 'external body(yin)' It become two body that moving as one unit but not together,one move first the other follow forming a Oneness. It is this Yin-Yang forever changing that do away all our "double weight". Our yi will sharping our awareness to our surrounding to harmonize our oneness that giving us a sixth sense attitude like all other living earthing has for their own protection. this we once had and lost but now found. This sense of knowing the not know in our involvement in all undertaking is the Shen(spirit).

The sole purpose of "push hand" is to train our listening energy to a highly sensitive skill to detect and exterminate any double weightiness in all your body's joint, so all the jin (energy force)can transmit in a hight speed effortless mode. From this 'push hand ' advance to the "push yi" like form practice until there is formless. He is using his yi to "attack " his opponent's yi first then his internal body follow to unbalance his opponent root in this clip shows that was all is needed. but some time his external body follow up to such extend as we saw his hand pushing the opponent away a little. It show he is highly skill with his Yi power to induced his opponent to make that first internal urge to move but Zhu's Yi power is so focus and listening skill is so sensitive to detect it before his opponent could actually complete that first move. master Zhu's yang body arrive first then the yin body follow to borrow his opponent chi along with his own and sending the opponent flying as master Zhu yi's wishes. The way his opponent falling is the expression of Zhu yi and chi intended to be. Same way if you want to Chin na (joint lock)him but can't. becaus he is so fang song he can give you a total no resist and following your attacking wish and you end up being chin Na-ed or he simply slip out of all your hard effort as nothing has happen. And he could use his Yi to do that on you as well.

At one point he let his opponent to knock him off balance just to show he can be defeat. But he makes a strong point that his Yi and chi is much more powerful he can do what he want with his opponent. We may say that he has reach the Shen power

Of course if you never have this experience before, this is like a mystery to you as the bumble bee' flying power is a unbelievable
thing to the scientist. You are in good company.

God makes no junk. live on. You will have your day in Taiji.

Ciao and have a good Taiji day
yslim
mrnaples

Post by mrnaples »

Hi mrnaples

hello there, yslim

<What he did could easily be call 'push hand in the spirit level' of the Taiji's famous three stages Jing(essence)-Chi(energy-shen(spirit).>

by reading what you wrote, sounds as if you saying, that the way teachers is playing PH. is the most advance way to do PH.
mind if i disagree with you? theres miles to go... Image)

<The sole purpose of "push hand" is to train our listening energy to a highly sensitive skill to detect and exterminate any double weightiness in all your body's joint, so all the jin (energy force)can transmit in a hight speed effortless mode.>

ok with that , but the way that teacher, is doing PH. is not the most advance way...
as you prescribe.
but quite the opposite, it's actually the simplest way.

<From this 'push hand ' advance to the "push yi" like form practice until there is formless. He is using his yi to "attack " his opponent's yi>

nice game...fun and even educational......not much more, then that.

or better yet..
how about i disagree with it entirely.. in other words, it's not idea vs idea, (hope you don't mind the English)
but rather; idea vs idea, via the body, this chances things, big time...

<It show he is highly skill with his Yi power to induced his opponent to make that first internal urge to move but Zhu's Yi power is so focus and listening skill is so sensitive to detect it before his opponent could actually complete that first move. >

what it's really showing is , that one get good at what one practices.
that's why my original question.."what is he doing and for what reason? "

<And he could use his Yi to do that on you as well.>

as in me, me!
well heck I'm easy, I'm no challenge to anybody . Image))
but! you should really think carefully, at what you are saying here...
there are folks out there. who with out too my skill, to speak of can topple him easily.
remember, taiji quan, is more then the some of its parts.

<At one point he let his opponent to knock him off balance just to show he can be defeat.>

see how easy this game is to duplicate!
even on him! do you know why? Image)))

<Of course if you never have this experience before, this is like a mystery to you as the bumble bee' flying power is a unbelievable
thing to the scientist. You are in good company.>

give the scientist a break...the fight of a bumble bee, is way more complex, then this game is!
by the way, science, now know, how the bubble bee flies.

ciao

[This message has been edited by mrnaples (edited 03-06-2008).]

[This message has been edited by mrnaples (edited 03-06-2008).]
Gu Rou Chen

Post by Gu Rou Chen »

Applying the philosophy to see if true.

Jeff
mrnaples

Post by mrnaples »

<B>Applying the philosophy to see if true.

dose this mean that you don't want to tell me?

ciao.