he died at 53 - how?

DavidJ

Post by DavidJ »

Hi All,

In medical circles Syphilis (Treponema pallidum) is known as the "great imposter" for its ability to produce symptoms which mimic a wide range of other diseases.

DJ
rvc_ve

Post by rvc_ve »

GOSSIP, GOSSIP, GOSSIP
Louis Swaim

Post by Louis Swaim »

Greetings,

Statements beginning with “I heard” fall into the category of hearsay. I suppose that technically the account Dr. Mei Yingsheng relays from Fu Zhongwen could also qualify as hearsay, but it has the advantage of coming from a named contemporary source, and one who was likely a firsthand witness. In any case, Dr. Mei’s article addresses the greater issue of longevity, and the sometimes-unrealistic expectations people may have of taijiquan’s health benefits. Those benefits are demonstrably great, but realistically, environmental and genetic factors can ultimately determine the length of one’s life.

--Louis
rvc_ve

Post by rvc_ve »

I guess most people have a hard time believing that Taijiquan masters, depite all their skill, are still human!

They can still get sick and die, and this does not, in any way diminishes their achevements as martial artists and wise men.

[This message has been edited by rvc_ve (edited 03-30-2004).]
mls_72

Post by mls_72 »

Fu Zhong Wen told me that Yang Chen Fu went on a trip and came back very sick and that his skin turn to a yellow.

I told fu Zhong Wen I was curious because alot of people expect taiji people to live a long time. Fu zhong Wen was 94 at the time before his untimely passing.

Now that I saw that someone wrote about bad water and sanitation, I really believe that may be the case.

The spirit and principles of taiji are timeless than our impermanent selfs. We should strive to learn the deeper aspects of our taijiquan and our own immortality than focus on someone elses death. We should celebrate Yang Chen fu's taijiquan, life, accomplishments, and ideas.
Polaris

Post by Polaris »

We'll all die of something...
Wushuer

Post by Wushuer »

Yes, no one here gets out alive.
JerryKarin

Post by JerryKarin »

Nice post, mls_72.