Older Yang variations and lineages

Bamenwubu

Post by Bamenwubu »

You're likely correct. He may have recieved some bad information and is just repeating it. However, someone who takes the time to publish such nonsense loses more than he thinks he would gain by doing so.
Clearly not yielding to conqure here. He tried to conquer something, I'm not sure what, with a sledgehammer blow instead and ended up missed by a mile.
His view is so obviously wrong it would be funny if it weren't so insulting.
If YCF was such a lousy martial artist with no grasp of TCC, then why did all the TCC martial artists of his time stand in line to learn from him? Wu Chien Chuan trained with YCF, even opened a school with him.
Makes me wonder what EM's take is on WCC's lineage of TCC?
Except, after reading his vilification of YCF, I really wouldn't care what he had to say as it would be clearly wrong. That's the danger with such a publication, once you've shown you are so patently incorrect about something, people stop listening to anything you might have to say on any other subject.

[This message has been edited by Bamenwubu (edited 01-27-2005).]
JerryKarin

Post by JerryKarin »

I am trying to operate by the axiom that we bring as much bad vibes into the world by taking offense as by offering it, so I try to remember when someone says or does something off-putting like that, that I've probably done something similar at one time or another and let it go.
Michael

Post by Michael »

Jerry,

Two thumbups.
Anderzander

Post by Anderzander »

Bamenwubu

Post by Bamenwubu »

Probably best if I just say...
Nothing.
Since I can't say anything nice.

Peace,
Bob
Kenfucious

Post by Kenfucious »

Jerry, I think you understood the meaning of what I wrote. I do appreciate your input and the article. I'm not trying to defend anyone here, but if you look at the date the article was written you will see that it was well over 10yrs ago. I would certainly hope that no one would compare me to the person that I was 10yrs ago. Lord knows I've said and done some really stupid things. I always say that I reserve the right to change my opinion at any moment. The foundation which I lay my feet on today my be different tomorrow because of new information that I may recieve or because I am just evolving as a person. I am not saying anything about Erles beliefs or attitudes. I am simply saying that his forms seem legit and have substance and you can see that his internal roots are very strong. As for the character of a person, I read a saying recently that said,"You must be the change that you want to see in the world." I believe that this is very true.I do not advocate slandering anyone, but I realize that I've not always held myself to these same standards in the past. I also realize that in each face I see; I see my own reflection. So, in saying these things, all I ever intended to address was Erles forms, not his attitude or beliefs. I have never had a bad experience with him, so I will make my judgements based on today, not ten years ago. If Erle should put out anything that offends you in the near future, I would appreciate you sharing it. This way I can make current informed decisions.I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I also look forward to future discussions. Have a great day.
JerryKarin

Post by JerryKarin »

Hi Ken. Well, as you've probably figured out by now, this is a website sponsored by the son and great grandson of Yang Chengfu. So it is pretty natural that we might be a bit sensitive about Erle's published remarks suggesting that YCF is responsible for the 'demise' of Taiji! Particularly if you've worked with Yang Zhenduo and Yang Jun as many of us have and know from real-world experience that the above-mentioned contention is simply not true. It's doubly hilarious to me because on the page where Erle, um, slags a great many teachers and practitioners, he has a motto displayed in large print to the effect of Taiji 'spreading harmony throughout the world'. Image