Microcosmic Orbit Meditation

WiseDragon

Microcosmic Orbit Meditation

Post by WiseDragon »

Hi,

I would like to ask if there are any dangers in practicing the Microcosmic Orbit meditation.

I have practiced this quite a lot in the past, and have started again. And I find it to be very effective. A few moments of concentration on any point is enough to get the chi moving and is felt quite strongly. However, I have noticed that it could lead to pain within my body sometimes. I feel like I am playing with a very delicate circuitry within me that should not be meddled with. Or are the pains normal? It can be very uncomfortable sometimes.

I sometimes I get worried if I haven't concentrated on the proper points well enough. I know we are supposed to always finish at the lower tan tien behind the navel.

When we are feeling pain after a Microcosmic Orbit meditation practice, what is the best thing to do to alleviate ourselves from it? And also what does it mean.

Regards,

WD
Audi

Re: Microcosmic Orbit Meditation

Post by Audi »

Hi WD,

I have not received much training in this type of meditation, but have also been warned against attempting it without proper instruction. The main thing I have been warned against, however, is the possibility of causing psychological problems, rather than what you seem to be describing.

What is the benefit you are intending to receive? Could you still get it from other types of meditation that might be less likely to cause issues?

Take care,
Audi
T

Post by T »

Generally things like microcosmic orbit training are not that big a deal by comparison to other forms of Qigong training. However you have to be very careful what you are noticing and what you concentrate on. If you are not careful you can cause yourself physical issues and possibly, if you go too far psychological issues as well.

But best advice for all forms of Qigong training was already given to you by Audi
Audi wrote: but have also been warned against attempting it without proper instruction. The main thing I have been warned against, however, is the possibility of causing psychological problems, rather than what you seem to be describing.
basically find a good teacher
calvinfoster874

Post by calvinfoster874 »

Meditation is a great and helpful activity to keep our min, body and soul fit and healthy. But their is a disadvantage of meditation that they need proper instruction for those who are child in this field. For newbie their is need of Meditation training courses on they know how to do meditation and they learn the different technique of mediation those give best and fast result. Always prefer to do mediation in front of expert or professional person recommended for new comers. for more information visit our website meditationtoday