Begining and ending at the same spot

Angela

Begining and ending at the same spot

Post by Angela »

I would like to know if when performing the Long form 103 or even the short 49 form, we should begin and finish the form at the same spot.
Is that necessary or not? It was necessary in the past or not?
Anyone could help me?
thanks
Angela
Audi

Post by Audi »

Hi Angela:

I think I recall this issue being addressed before on this board or on the old one, although I could not find anything with a quick search on this thread.

My vague recollection is that someone thought the long form is indeed supposed to begin and end in the same spot. I, for one, fail this test. Recently I have been ending about three or four feet behind my starting position, for reasons I cannot figure out. I also often end up two or three feet to the right of where I started.

Take care,
Audi
Angela

Post by Angela »

Hi you all

Thanks a lot for your explanations! I also, have troubles adjusting the sizes of the steps cloud hands and repulsing the monkey. Think I have to try, adjusting this two steps, because, as you told, always finish the form some steps to the right side of the beginning spot and a little behind.
Anyway, I would like to know if this is really important somehow, because as I read, when performing Tai Chi forms, we are conecting with some star´s energy like Pleiades, and Mayor Ursa. So, there must be some very strict rules about the drawing we make when performing te forms.
Anyone has some ideas about this conections?

Thanks!!
Angela
Bronco

Post by Bronco »

Angela,
My Tai Chi teacher, Poon Wok Wing, has always emphased the need to begin and end
in the same place. As long as you are within a stride or so it's quite ok. He set keys or places and postures in the form to alignment the breathing, correct the tempo, relax the body and check/adjust the postures. He said the keys create frame of reference of within the form. His concern is that the mind is clear and the Yi or Intent flows freely while performing the form. Those check points are now subconsciously embedded. The body automatically sets the proper sequence of action before and after the posture. As for stellar energies, this is all Yi-Intent and not about body placement.

Hope this may help,

Bronco