Burned out

Michael

Burned out

Post by Michael »

Hi guys. I thought I was back, but now my house burned to the ground. Luck is a funny thing.

Hope you are all doing well, we will recover fine, lost everything but our lives, our dog. vehicles and three fly rods.

Make it good!

Michael
Louis Swaim

Post by Louis Swaim »

Michael,

I can't imagine how rough that must be. I hope you'll keep us posted on how things are going, and I hope you have the occasional chance to use those fly rods. I imagine that helps you keep your perspective.

Take care,
Louis
JerryKarin

Post by JerryKarin »

In Lao Tzu, I think, it has the saying
wu4ji2bi4fan2 'when things go to one extreme, they turn around and go the other way'.

[This message has been edited by JerryKarin (edited 09-02-2008).]
Michael

Post by Michael »

It's going fine. Really it all comes down to "stuff." You stop for a minute and think of certain things that you thought were maybe important, but then you know none of it really was. The load of possessions has been lifted and I can seriously say it's not bad. I can replace what I "need" and not what I don't...and I know the difference between want and need better today than I ever did.

I am kind of ashamed to say and I hope you understand what I am trying to say. All the years of training, both philosophically and martially seems to have stuck to some degree. The fire was like having a teacher test you. Now if I can get rid of that little bit of pride in this, things will be pretty good.[wink] Much more work to do...work that never ends.

You are right Jerry, in many ways that's just what is happening. The balance is being restored...and I realize there was an imbalance before the fire that I didn't recognize.

Make it good!

Michael

I just can't wait till we get out of the Holiday Inn.

edit: Now back to making lists for the insurance company. [hitting forehead against the table]

And Louis, I'll be getting a rod out next week. Fishing with the long rod on a small creek alone with the surroundings is one of the best ways to heal and to experience awareness for me..it's like doing a set or sitting meditation.

[This message has been edited by Michael (edited 09-04-2008).]

[This message has been edited by Michael (edited 09-04-2008).]
Audi

Post by Audi »

Hi Michael,

I am so sorry to hear about your troubles. I can guess that amid the one big calamity of the fire are a hundred little calamities of cherished items lost, insurance paperwork to fill out, and tons of errands to help tide you over and begin to rebuild.

Hopefully, you can still find some balance and joyful moments in the wake of the one big setback and give your luck a chance to turn. The fact that you all emerged alive is already a wonderful blessing by itself.

Know that you are in our thoughts.

Take care,
Audi