Traditional Yang Taiji in Hamilton,ON

Jamie

Traditional Yang Taiji in Hamilton,ON

Post by Jamie »

Hi,

My name is Jamie and I teach Taiji in Hamilton, ON, Canada. I am new to the Yang Family Tai Chi Discussion Board and thought this would be a good way to introduce myself.
I am a 7th generation disciple of Yang Taiji(from Yang Lu Chan). I have been in martial arts for over 20 years. My Shifu, Master Wang and myself have recently started schools in Toronto and Hamilton. Our website is http://dongfangtaiji.5u.com
If anyone is interested to find our more about us then check it out. We have some good links and downloadable reference material.
I look forward to taking part in some discussions. Thanks.

Best,

Jamie
JerryKarin

Post by JerryKarin »

Welcome to the board, Jamie! That's a nice site you have there. I particularly enjoyed the page with pictures of Li Yaxuan's postures:

http://home.pchome.com.tw/team/chhguo/y ... xuan-1.htm

We look forward to hearing more from you.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JerryKarin:
<B>Welcome to the board, Jamie! That's a nice site you have there. I particularly enjoyed the page with pictures of Li Yaxuan's postures:

http://home.pchome.com.tw/team/chhguo/y ... xuan-1.htm

We look forward to hearing more from you.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the welcome! All of the links on that site are safe to try - even though english readers may not understand them. There are 2 more pages of Li Ya Xuan's postures if you click on the links at the top right of the page. There are also pictures of Chen Man Ch'ing's postures and applications. Those interested can also translate chinese sites with atlavista babelfish on the web.

I will try to get in on a discussion once I am more familiar with your site. Thanks again.

Take care,

Jamie
Michael

Post by Michael »

Hello Jamie,

I echo Jerry's statement.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Michael:
<B>Hello Jamie,

I echo Jerry's statement.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Mike,

Can you recommend any current discussions I could take part in? I've been looking through the Board but its hard to decide.

Best,

Jamie
JerryKarin

Post by JerryKarin »

When you go into a forum, such as Offering and Seeking Instruction, make sure to pull down the list on the upper right and set it to 'all posts' so you don't just see the most recent stuff'.