Interpretation of Taiji diagram in Tai Chi Chuan

Wu Wei

Interpretation of Taiji diagram in Tai Chi Chuan

Post by Wu Wei »

There is much to say about this topic..

Here is an interesting article from Mei Ying Sheng's web page. The Taiji diagram manifests itself both philosophically and physiologically in Tai Chi boxing. The atricle discusses this in detail.

http://www.geocities.com/meiyingsheng/taijitu.html

Any comments are most welcome. Enjoy.
Bamenwubu

Post by Bamenwubu »

Wu,
I don't think I'm ready to make too many comments on this article. I will read it again and see what comes to mind on further contemplation.
I did want to take a moment or two to thank you for the link. I really enjoy most of the articles on this site. I've read and re-read the one on bow stances. As Bill just made the point of the two differing bow stances to us again last week, finding this article was timely for me.
He's mentioned it before, but last week he went into a little more explanation about it than he had in the past.
I haven't had the time to get back there and re-read the Yang diagram article yet, but I will as soon as I can.
My first reaction was "Huh?", but I've since been paying attention and I can clearly see the diagram in the forms now. It's especially apparent in the turns before Single Whip. Bill even used the Taiji Diagram to teach us that move the first time I took his class. He had a big Taiji Diagram and he used it to show us how the turnings followed the lines of the diagram.

Bob