video

fol

video

Post by fol »

Video fans may enjoy what I think is a newly released pair of vcds, "Grand Tai Ji Master Yang Zhen Duo" ($7.99 at yesasia). The first has extensive interviews with the grand master plus video from the recent birthday bash (including a few seconds of what looked like all the center directors) and from other public demonstrations, plus some brief cuts of different groups practicing. The second has complete demonstrations by the grand master of the hand, sword and saber forms, plus what appears to be a lecture on the ten essentials.

So, why doesn't one of you Sinophiliacs do a rough translation of the interviews?
JerryKarin

Post by JerryKarin »

Sounds interesting. Do you have it? What did shipping cost (they appear to ship free but only if the order is over $25)? Was there footage of Yang Shouzhong? They seem to claim that there is in the Chinese blurb at yesasia.
fol

Post by fol »

Skimming through the material, I didn't see any older video; and I ordered some other stuff so got the free shipping Image They ship from the west coast, though, so it shouldn't be too much. If you get it, maybe post a more informed summary than I can make?!
tccstudent_usa

Post by tccstudent_usa »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JerryKarin:
Sounds interesting. Do you have it? What did shipping cost (they appear to ship free but only if the order is over $25)? Was there footage of Yang Shouzhong? They seem to claim that there is in the Chinese blurb at yesasia.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would be thrilled if that is true, but I have a feeling there isn't any of him in there; I hope I'm wrong though. The only two people that I know of who have footage of Shouzhong are Fong Ha and Chu Gin Soon, and quite possibly the daughters.

I am told that Fong Ha shows the video during some of his workshops. I haven't seen it myself, but I am waiting for these clips to "pop up" someday on the Internet.