Incense News

Barbara Davis

Incense News

Post by Barbara Davis »

Hell0---
A new study has shown that heavy incense use can be problematic for health! I've got the link posted at www.taijiquanjournal.blogspot.com

Best,

Barbara
Louis Swaim

Post by Louis Swaim »

Greetings Barbara,

You know, I've always suspected that there might be health hazzards associated with incense. Smoke is smoke, no? Culturally though, I imagine that folks will continue to use incense, no matter the risk. After all, burning incense is practically syonymous with worship in some communities. I'm reminded of visiting the Taiwan coastal town of Lugang back in 1987. Lugang was famous for its incense industry, among other things. I remember walking down alleyways and seeing freshly-made incense drying in the sun, similar to some of the photos here: http://www.taiwanderful.net/blog-entry/ ... ang-part-3

Personally, I rarely burn incense. Those rare occasions are usually when a skunk visits my backyard, and I need some incense-defense.

Take care,
Louis

[This message has been edited by Louis Swaim (edited 10-14-2008).]
Michael

Post by Michael »

Anything you take into your lungs is not going to do you any good...try finding some good clean air in many places.

I haven't burned it for many years.

Louis, what's your problem with the smell of a skunk? It is what it is, embrace it! That's what I tell my wife anyway after I take in a deep inhalation through my nose and smile. She thinks I am nuts...maybe I am, but there are far worse things to smell than a skunk. LOL
shugdenla

Post by shugdenla »

I think the operative word is "heavy usage" as opposed to just incense! Incense has some benefit and only to be used in certain conditions or diseases.
The problem is that banned substances or impure processees in the manufacturing phase are added and no quality control in effect hence creating noxious effects!