Opening The Joints.

HengYu

Opening The Joints.

Post by HengYu »

As part of the general sharing of information and wisdom, I would be very grateful to hear other people's views on 'opening the joints', and the feeling of grounded 'lightness' that results. Of course, we might all approach this from differing contextual analysis - but nevertheless, differing perspectives are often the best way to learn. I am particularly interested in the manifestation of efortless grace that accompanies true rootedness in practice, and the sense of ease, peace and tranquility achieved.

Thank you.
shugdenla

Post by shugdenla »

HengYu,

My teacher once said that when practicing the form, pretend there is an egg or tennis ball under the armpits and a beach ball between the legs so as to not 'impinge' the qi. Constriction decreases qi so best be open, relax the shoulders downward and be like a cloud!
If elbows touch the ribs or the knees 'cave' inward, then structural integrity can be lost and no foundation so easily pushed or pulled (testing mechanism).
HengYu

Post by HengYu »

Thank you very much for your thoughts on this matter. Yes - very sound advice and instruction. This reminds me of 'internal iron vest', whereby the rounded structure of the bones (and joints), can, if need be, adsorb, reflect and deflect incoming force - as well as erve as a radiator of qi in all directionsThanks!
Fred Hao

Post by Fred Hao »

Huh,you've got something.
HengYu

Post by HengYu »

Thank you Fred. I am reminded of the 'uncarved block'! Take care.