Applications vs. Push Hands?

Pamela

Post by Pamela »

"Maybe that was after my own shoulder was dislocated on account of not having spent enough time learning to yield with my shoulder joint!"Kalamondin

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh...
So that's what happened...

Sigh...live and learn hm? Image
tccstudent_usa

Post by tccstudent_usa »

I wasn't allowed to do any push hands for almost two years at my school. Knowing what I know now, I can see why. I think people who spout off about TCC today not being martial are more caught up in the ego thing and aren't really suited to learn TCC properly anyway. Jerry said it very well.
chris

Post by chris »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JerryKarin:
To give an example, somebody was telling me that Eddie Wu, who is a formidable martial artist and can certainly apply it, was forbidden to push anyone for a few years. He was only allowed to neutralize. </font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The value of this method is related to your practice partners' skill in attacking. Insofaras making the first attack means taking the first risk, neglecting to do so can retard your risk management skills.

-----
Chris
Martial Development
JerryKarin

Post by JerryKarin »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by chris:
<B>
Martial Development </B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I liked the Chuck Norris facts! Warning: don't drink hot coffee while reading them. Image

[This message has been edited by JerryKarin (edited 08-22-2006).]